help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

i have a ring that has the iron stamp that blacksmiths makes horse shoes on, i think its a anvil
    it is a round full tiger eye stone that moves around in a full circle anyway inside the claw
    Hallmarks inside the ring is a anvil and a 925 mark which is silver
    the ring is so well made there is not a scratch on the tiger eye stone and the stone spins so easly without touching the claw.
    if you roll the ring up your arm it pulls out the hairs

i have googled it and asked loads of ring makers, experts antiques experts about this ring but nobody knows anything about this ring. someone has said it might of been made for someone special (a one of)
    i can not find any rings even similar or any copy cats of it.
    all the rings were glued in

can anybody help me find out more about this ring

i dont know how to upload photos, if someone helps me i will put photos on here
    thank you

oooo, sounds interesting!

If you click on userCP up at the left on the blue bar. Then down the left hand side there will be an option for your album. Click on it and then creat and upload pics to a photo album that will be connected to you. That way, everyone can see what your talking about. You wont be able to actually post a picture onto your post till your past 25 posts but you can put them into your album. Hope this helps!
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Hello Tina - and welcome to the forum !

Does the anvil mark look anything like this one?

If so, this is an apparently well-known Finnish company, Kupittaan Kulta. The company was founded in 1945 by Elis Kauppi and was one of the major manufacturers of silver jewelry in Finland.

I could very well be wrong here - and apologise, just in case I am !!!
      Attached Files
      With love,
      Daisy & Me
      x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
      Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Ooooh that is exciting. I'm sorry i can't help but sounds like something out of a mystical book or film!!!
        Dee x
        Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
        Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
        Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Ive seen the anvil mark before, but dont have my books with me, there at work. but will have a look for you tomoro, it should give a clue to the source.
          Tigers eye was popular in the early 1900s late 1800s, I wear one net bought for me, a lovely big oval set in gold, dont go out without it

Comment

If you need a fellowship of trustworthy crafters, you're in the right place. I volunteer to help you take the ring to Mordor.

Who's with us?

The ring is my preciousssss...
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

Oooh, thats a good plan woodtattoos - I dont feel like work this afternoon, so I'm up for an adventure!

Wondering if the trip will be worth the hassle in the end, or whether it'll end in lots of death and destruction...maybe we should think carefully about what to bring so we're adequately prepared for all eventualities *nods head lots*
              Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
              http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

Comment

but wheres the picture???? I keep checking back cause im dying to see it and its not there yet! aaaahhhhhh
                Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

What I want to know is whatever possessed you to rub it up your arm pit? to pull hairs out...............
                  Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac Moon Designs View Post
                    What I want to know is whatever possessed you to rub it up your arm pit? to pull hairs out...............
                    Not her arm PIT, just along her arm, have you been making too many squid?
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

hi sorry for the late reply, i think i have uploaded the photos now

Comment

yep there now in my profile

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy & Me View Post
                          Hello Tina - and welcome to the forum !

Does the anvil mark look anything like this one?

If so, this is an apparently well-known Finnish company, Kupittaan Kulta. The company was founded in 1945 by Elis Kauppi and was one of the major manufacturers of silver jewelry in Finland.

I could very well be wrong here - and apologise, just in case I am !!!
                          yes the anvil mark does look like that, it has a 925 mark but not the finland mark

Comment

Originally posted by tina3462 View Post
                            yes the anvil mark does look like that, it has a 925 mark but not the finland mark
                            also the 925 is in fancy writing, its not the usual stamp
                            i will see if i can get a better pitcher

Comment

Good evening Tina - apologies that I haven't got back to you before now.

Even 'though the Finlalnd stamp isn't on your piece and the 925 is in fancy writing, I would still think your ring is by Kupitaan Kulta.

It certainly looks like other pieces of theirs I have seen - and as Urbtaff said, Tiger's Eye was popular at the time they were producing a lot of their stuff.

However, I am by no means an expert - and would hate to give you the wrong idea - so PLEASE do not take my word alone that this is who made it !

If you Google Kupitaan Kulta, you'll find loads of photos of their work - see for yourself how similar in design your lovely ring is...

Hope this helps - and if not, SORRY
                              With love,
                              Daisy & Me
                              x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
                              Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X