Studs - flat or post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studs - flat or post

I have a commision that i need to start ordering things for. Its all gold filled findings. I am finding most things at Palmer Metals, though they dont do gold filled wire by the metre, only by the spool! But i found it else where.

However Palmer only does flat pad studs! I have the pearl beads to put on it but they are the ones with the hole in the back, so the post goes into them to make them more secure. Does it matter if i use the flat pad with them? The glue holds them on more than the post surely? I cant seem to find gold fill backs with posts.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Has anyome used these before?

http://www.internationalcraft.com/ac...DINGS_155.html
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

havent used them, but thought about it! Does that count?

There are other threads about with international craft mentioned, I don't think I have heard anything negative about them
      www.beadlab.com

Comment

Sigh its a 11.25 minimum order! I only need the studs!

Comment

Do you have time to wait for them to arrive from America? If so, Beadaholique have them and they sell on ebay as well as from their own website. I can recommend them as I use them for lots of findings and I've never had a problem.
          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I have managed to add a few more things to get it over £11 like some gold plated wire. Il have a look at the place you said. This is for a commision that doesnt seem to have a deadline! Its for a birthday thats on the 5th Feb but they cant pay for it until after.

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
              This is for a commision that doesnt seem to have a deadline! Its for a birthday thats on the 5th Feb but they cant pay for it until after.
              Hope you took a deposit and its for someone you trust! I wouldn't order anything specifically for a commission without taking a deposit first. I've even been let down by a "friend" once that I never would have expected it from. Now I always take enough to cover the costs of anything I have to order specifically.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Yeah this is my first proper commision and im not so prepared for it. I trust htem to pay for it as we have discussed that i havnt asked for a deposit lol. Its a reasonable order so i dont want to now say that i want a deposit. I know its a little risky, but il be more prepared for the next one!

Comment

Actually now looking at it i am going to be spendint about £20 on findings! Mainly because i have to buy bulk in a few things like stud scrolls. This persons budget is £40 - £45.

Comment

Oh man, seriously International Crafts are a ****! The postage is awful! So im back to square one!!! Studs are such a pain!!

Comment

Working...
                    X