Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertsing your website etc

Hi All

i know this question has probaly been asked a 1000 times but i want to get my name and website out there but wondered if any of you can help. i have a facebook page, myspace which i have had 2 sales from but no more and have just set up a twitter (not 100% sure what i am doing) and am thinking of also selling through misi or floksy but not sure which.

i just wondered if there were any other ways to get traffic to my site?

thanks

keeley
    www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

I think sometimes it just takes a lot of time and persistence for people to find you, like what you sell and pass it on through word of mouth.

Quite a few people on here have mentioned having a blog can be helpful, as you can advertise your website / misi shop etc on your blog and can also feature different items you are selling in more detail in the actual blog itself too. I think you do need to keep updating your blog regularly though to really get a good flow of traffic.

Apart from that, it sounds like you are doing everything you can and hopefully soon it will pay off!

Comment

Hi cupcake

i have just been on your blog it looks brilliant, this may sound silly but how does a blog get traffic and how do i do one? i am not very u on blogs
      www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

Comment

Thanks

It's very easy to get a blog, it takes literally a few minutes to get a basic one! Most people seem to use www.blogger.com so if you go with them people can help you if you get stuck, and choose to "follow" your blog etc.

Blog traffic - networking, networking! Read other people's blogs, leave comments and they will probably return the favour. A lot of people have links on their blog to other blogs they follow - so generating a bit more traffic for you. Is it jewellery you are selling? I have started doing "challenge blogs" to inspire me, and this brings people to your blog too - Im not sure if there are any jewellery ones though, the ones I do are cards mainly.

And put the link to your blog in your siggie, then we can all have a look!

Comment

I've thought about making business cards to hand to my friends!! one each, that way they always know my site if someone asks them (that sounds REALLY presumptious but it's happenede before ad they didnt know my site).

Too in your face? Nah! Although it is quite expensive to get business cards done uless thru mail order.
          http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
          http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

Comment

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
            I've thought about making business cards to hand to my friends!! one each, that way they always know my site if someone asks them (that sounds REALLY presumptious but it's happenede before ad they didnt know my site).

Too in your face? Nah! Although it is quite expensive to get business cards done uless thru mail order.

Business Cards are always a good idea. Ive just had mine done. Vistaprint have got an offer on for free cards if you use there designs! Which is ideal just to get your brand name out there and keep costs down. But I think that the best way is word of mouth really. Happy customers = access to friends of customers (potential customers)
            Vixxie

Comment

another idea(if u have the time) is to use ur pc to design a basic flyer and do a mail drop. You could also use work,school.library,leisure centres etc noticeboards and maybe advertise with a business card in a few local newsagents windows.
              Hope that helps,good luck!!
              My Blog
              Twitter
              Facebook

Comment

I do my own business cards, using the templates in Microsoft Office and some of the perforated cut ones that you can get from stationery places. Just run a batch off whenever I need them, I give them out at craft fairs, and my other half and mil have a stash on them to give out at every possible chance.
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

To get you name "out there" means hard work and dedication.

the more you do - the more you do - ie the more you promote at fairs/events the more you will gain.

Marks and Spencers started out with a barrow in the streets, even when it was snowing!

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    To get you name "out there" means hard work and dedication.

the more you do - the more you do - ie the more you promote at fairs/events the more you will gain.

Marks and Spencers started out with a barrow in the streets, even when it was snowing!

Jane
                    Can't say it any better than that really!

Though when it comes to online marketing, a bit of advice:

Don't try to do it all at once.

Make a plan - probably quite simple - e.g. a list of the avenues you want to use (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Forums, buying/renting advertising space on websites).

Rank them in order, and research each one a bit so you have a rough idea how it seems to work - then attack each one in order, and do it properly. Many, e.g. Twitter need to be incorporated into your daily routine and used regularly to have any benefit.

Remember that information posted to these sites may not belong to you after you have posted it (or you may be giving permission for it to be shared/stored), and you won't always be able to delete it later - so be careful!

Planning in this way also allows you to phase things in perhaps one a week - it will take longer, but you will be building a solid foundation, and get better results with - hopefully - less stress!

Good luck!
                    --Matt

Web Development
                    Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post

Remember that information posted to these sites may not belong to you after you have posted it (or you may be giving permission for it to be shared/stored), and you won't always be able to delete it later - so be careful!
                      Also remember that if you "google" your site, your comments on this forum may show up.

Would you want all your customers to read your comments?

I had better mind my Ps & Qs
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hiya

i have just had a look at your facebook page and you have it set to probably just friends to see it as I cannot access it unless I become a friend. Try a facebook group instead. i have just set one up and you dont have to worry about personal proivacy on your page. Take a look at mine - link below. You can then message all group memebr about new stock on your website or craft fairs you maybe taking part in, plus add photos, etc
                        I also asked my facebook friends to send the group link out to all their friends too, so it spreads the word round.

I am also looking at ways of increasing traffic to my website and got very confused by Google yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Hagar View Post
                          I am also looking at ways of increasing traffic to my website and got very confused by Google yesterday!
                          Never despair. Google confuses me on a daily basis
                          --Matt

Web Development
                          Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

ooo i have a facebook group - now what do i do with it!!!!

i'll join yours hagar if thats ok
                            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Of course you can, i have joined yours too - the more the merrier!

Comment

Working...
                              X