Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resin....

Hullo,

I've had my first play with crystal resin in a cast, and like the results.

How do I polish it though? Its shiny on the top (the 'open' part of the cast) but duller on the other sides.

It also feels a little rubbery still - is that normal, or have I not measured enough hardener?

Lastly, I dripped some acrylic paint into one of the moulds with the resin, and the resin has hardened but the paint hasn't. Wherever the paint is touching the edges of the mould, its coming out. What kind of inks are usable with resin?

Thanks xx

You need to use dyes that are designed to be used with resin. Also resin is always sticky when it comes out of the mould. You ned to use wet and dry paper to take off the sticky layer. You then need to polish it with Vonex on a mop. I think if you wait long enough the stickiness will eventually go but you'll still need to polish it to get a high shine. It also depends on what type of mould you use.
    Best wishes
    Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

The paint in the bottom of a mould will stay wet if it has not been exposed to the air and allowed to dry, there are a number of colours available to mix with resin but I'm not on my comp so I cant post the link I have

Comment

Working...
      X