No announcement yet.

bead weaving thread - best one to use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bead weaving thread - best one to use??

i do have fireline but i am hoping that i can find something the same but cheaper so any ideas would be great???
    Hannah @ HGM Jewels

www.hgm-jewels.co.uk

any ideas anyone?
    Hannah @ HGM Jewels

www.hgm-jewels.co.uk

Comment

I use silamide too - but it depends on how 'flexible' I want the piece to be. Very think sewing thread would be cheaper, but I don't trust it to stand up to day-to-day wearing.... are you making occassional jewellery, or every day stuff?
      "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
      Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
      http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use KO thread if it's seed beads that I am weaving.
        www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

I use with Nymo for my seed bead weaving. When I started beadweaving, all the kits I bought had it in and the training classes I've been to have used it as well. I've got some necklaces I've had for five years or more which are still going strong made with this.
          Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

i am making a right angle weave wedding bracelet making it with swarovski bicones
            Hannah @ HGM Jewels

www.hgm-jewels.co.uk

Comment

If it is swarovski I am pretty sure you wll have to use fireline or something similar as the swarkies tend to cut through other threads.
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

Depending how complex the weave and what size beads, if you are trying to do something like spiral rope with size 11's, fireline and softflex etc are too thick. I ended up using coloured 26 or 28 swg wire (1 or the other cant remember exactly) as it was the only thing I could find that would go through the size 11 seed bead core 4 times

Comment

Working...
                X