Displaying jewellery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying jewellery

I display a lot of my jewellery on cork boards, covered with velvet, and attached with U pins. However I am thinking it may be better to have little hooks or something similar on the boards to hang the jewellery from (so its easier to put it on and take it off etc so there arent sharp little bits sticking out the back of the board, and so the hooks can stay there and be in a straight line etc etc...) Has anyone got any advice on the kind of hooks that would work, I dont think i've seen any small enough, and am unsure whether they'd stay in the boards properly? Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!
    Please visit my website - forum members discount details on offers thread!
    http://www.silverjewellerydesigns.com/

You can bend those U pins so that they form a hook. In the past I've used those little perspex-ended pins that you get to go on notice boards. They look quite nice, especially if you get the clear ones. I think I got mine in Staples.
    Best wishes
    Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

I know this post is still about pins but I made my own with ordinary pins and just glued an AB coated glass bead to them- they look lovely and cost hardly anything
      Chris xx
      My Website
      My Blog

Comment

kiamyka, that sounds realy great and goes with the whole hand made jewellery thing.
        hope you don`t mind if i pinch your idea.

sally

Comment

Had a touch of inspiration today. Had to go to exotic pet shop as I needed more supplies for my snake and tarantula, in particular new log for snake as she's getting bigger. When looking at all these lovely pieces of wood, I thought they might be good for displaying my jewellery. Very interesting shapes and textures, some have sticky out little bits that things can be hung from and quite cheap - I picked a small log up for £2. Thought it might add something new to my display.
          Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
            kiamyka, that sounds realy great and goes with the whole hand made jewellery thing.
            hope you don`t mind if i pinch your idea.

sally
            'Not at all that's what this forum is about isn't it sharing and caring
            Chris xx
            My Website
            My Blog

Comment

Well Said

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
              'Not at all that's what this forum is about isn't it sharing and caring

Well said - I have had some great advice from this forum and its so nice to converse with people who have similar interests.

Linda

Comment

Living by the coast and having a young dog that needs lots of excercise we have a pile of driftwood some really great shapes and sizes, I use a lot to make natural free form works but also have some smaller pieces on my work bench for tools, ufo's and bits & bobs, if I was to display my jewellery for sale I would use some of these

Comment

Working...
                X