swavorski crystal beads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swavorski crystal beads....

hey guys... new here so just thought id ask for all you who use swavorski crystal beads where you have found to be the best seller....?? i have used ebay which i have found reasonable and e beads too.... i want to see if their are any other stores which sell them reasonable to uk for tiaras and matching bits n bobs??? maybe with free pnp or offers? thanks guys xxx

Hi jellybean83

There is a thread about this on the beads forum if you take a look. There was a few good suppliers mentioned.

Comment

i tend to get most of my swarovski crystals from the silver corporation. You can be guaranteed that they are the real macoy (sometimes bought on ebay can be fake)
      And they offer free p&p.

Speedy delivery too. I get most of my findings and beads from there now.
      Helen Victoria
      classic and contempory, bespoke jewellery for any occasion
      Phoenix Trader
      http://www.helen-victoria.co.uk
      [email protected]
      www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Helen-Victoria-Jewellery/152577689219?ref=mf.

Comment

Originally posted by helenvictoria View Post
        i tend to get most of my swarovski crystals from the silver corporation. You can be guaranteed that they are the real macoy (sometimes bought on ebay can be fake)
        And they offer free p&p.

Speedy delivery too. I get most of my findings and beads from there now.
        I clicked on their url and just got a parked domain full of adverts for other dealers.

Comment

I've used the silver corporation before and they are good. Did you use this url Peter? www.thesilvercorporation.com
          Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
          www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

No, it was a url that helenvictoria had put on a previous post.

Comment

oh sorry, its not there now
              Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
              www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I'm very happy to recommend Scatter Crystals Ltd. Just bought factory packs from Deana and she was really helpful with lots of info about them being genuine and how to check and the service was excellent. UK supplier too.

www.scattercrystals.co.uk
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I don't bother looking for genuine swarovski as long as the crystals look good, I personally think swarovski's are over priced, the quality is good I agree but I dont think they are special enough for the price or to worry if they are going to throw the dummy out of the pram because they didnt like you using their name in your ads

Comment

Originally posted by shiner View Post
                    I don't bother looking for genuine swarovski as long as the crystals look good, I personally think swarovski's are over priced, the quality is good I agree but I dont think they are special enough for the price or to worry if they are going to throw the dummy out of the pram because they didnt like you using their name in your ads
                    Sorry but I definitely disagree. I've used all sorts of crystals and you just cannot compare with the quality of swavs. Cheaper crystals look almost as good when they are new but try leaving them in the open air on a market stall for a few weeks (or even months if the piece doesn't sell) and you can certainly tell the difference. The cheaper crystals loose their sparkle whereas the swavs don't.

You are right about the status - tell a customer a piece is made with Czech crystals and they wonder what you are on about but mention swarovski and eveyone knows the name. People will pay more.

As for the price - if you do your homework, you can get them for only a couple of pence (each) more than the cheaper ones. I know which I prefer.
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by shiner View Post
                      I charge between $150-300 for a design.....................I think I might be expected to use Swaros.

Comment

I'm going to the Swaro bead shop in London next month

Himself has booked us a flight from Manchester to Heathrow, we are coming back on the train, and as long as I put up with a couple of hours plane spotting, I get to go in the shop (got no money mind!)

Oh and I agree with the sparkle in Swaros, they definately have that something special and long lasting.
                        www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

They have a shop in bury not that impressed myself
                          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I'll jump on this band wagon! Its a matter of what you are using them for. I have seen some nice Chinese made crystals and then I have seen some rather poor quality ones. If you are making a design and use findings like sterling silver, then I think you should match it with high quality crystal like Swarovski. You can find some really good prices and their quality is superb. If you are making something with silver plated findings, you might be best to just use Chinese made crystal. I'd try to match the crystal to the purpose and the other materials you use. As Peter said, if you are selling the piece for a a £100, then I would expect Swarovski. If £5, then Chinese made crystal is probably adequate.
                            Mike, The Bead Company
                            www.thebead.co.uk
                            7 Keith Street
                            Glasgow G11 6QQ
                            Find us on www.facebook.com/thebeadcompanyglasgow

Comment

Working...
                            X