Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighing scales

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some accurate but well priced weighing scales that I can use for weighing my silver pieces? Top price for me would be about £25 (if I'm being unrealistic, please let me know!)

Ta,
    Em x
    www.silverflock.com - Handmade fine silver jewellery
    www.emmajacob.com - Illustration

Depends how accurate you need them.

Nearest gram, then try amazon and argos

if you need mg I found these http://www.inscale-scales.co.uk/TX_2...et+Scales.html

but they are over your budget

google hey? allows you to find anything!
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

Hi Pebbles,

Thanks, I guess it needs to be as close to the nearest gram as possible so that I know whether a piece needs to be hallmarked etc.

I have been googling it but I was hoping that someone that already owns a weighing scale can recommend what they're using (if they find it to be good).

Thanks,
      Em x

Comment

I got these on ebay and they are fantastic them measure 1/100th of a gram I think.

Digital Scales

HTH.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Lisa - I was looking at a Truweigh earlier, just wasn't sure how good they are.

I'll probably go with that then!

Ta,
          Em x

Comment

I use GemOro scales, which I am very happy with. I find it especially useful to be able to measure in troy oz as well as grams.

Ebay again!
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks! don't you just love ebay?

Comment

We bought ours from one of those stalls on the market that sells cigarette lighters and papers and "other stuff".

They do have several settings - carats, grams, ounces and I'm not sure if they have Troy ounces as well. (?)

Well worth the £12 they cost us.
                Last edited by auntynet; 23-01-2009, 07:35 PM.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Cheers Auntynet!

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                  "other stuff".
                  hehe

Em x

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                    We bought ours from one of those stalls on the market that sells cigarette lighters and papers and "other stuff".

They do have several settings - carats, grams, ounces and I'm not sure if they have Troy ounces as well. (?)

Well worth the £12 they cost us.
                    I get my grip seal plastic bags from them type of stalls
                    www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

I get my pocket scales off ebay too around the £10 /£12 mark. However they are heavily used here and I find I have to buy 2 or 3 a year. I go through loads of batteries (love JTF for cheaply priced batteries). They just stop working one day - probably all that hard work!!
                      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

body {margin:8px} .tr-field {font:normal x-small arial}Bea,

Thats odd - do your scales not use re-chargeable batteries?

Em x

Comment

Originally posted by emmajacob View Post
                          body {margin:8px} .tr-field {font:normal x-small arial}Bea,

Thats odd - do your scales not use re-chargeable batteries?

Em x
                          I just use standard batteries. Sometimes the screen goes funny and won't behave, buttons stop working, or it just goes dead even with new batteries. I am not sure they are supposed to be used heavily (a few hours every weekday) but I've had the odd good one. I was looking at importing them since I use so many. I think we've got about 6 on the work table at the mo with only 3 of them working properly. For the price, I just replace them.
                          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Working...
                          X