How much stock do i need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much stock do i need?

Hi, Ive just sent off a request for a stall at a local craft fair, if there are any places left it will be my first fair, i was just wandering on average how much jewelery everyone would make for a fair?

Any help would be a great help!

Thanks
    H Bee
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

I was wondering the same thing. I'm doing my first ever table at a pamper day in March and want to know how much stock I need to have to make the stall look good.

Sorry H Bee, bit of a cheek to jump on your thread, hope you don't mind
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

There's been a recent thread on a similar subject. I always take loads because I have a huge range and you can guarantee that if you run out of something, that's the thing you're asked for. I'd say for a start you'd need at least 20 pieces depending on what you do and the prices. If you sell more expensive things then you don't need quite so much. I've never really counted how much I take but it must be well over 100 things including rings.

Good luck with your show and I hope you get in.
      Best wishes
      Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

No thats fine Cupcake !

And thanks for the comments, I didnt realise that someone else had started a thread recently. I guess i better get started!!!!
        Handmade Jewellery
        Follow me on Twitter
        www.
        elizakate.co.uk
        Etsy Shop!

Comment

Stock

Hi, you can always pad out the display using a few props we always do that at exhibitions to focus attention to the pieces

Comment

To be honest it depends on what your market is??

Kids things at a school fair is usually cheap and cheerful and it is best to have all the things that kids love to buy...............mobile phone charms, earrings, charm bracelets, fun and funky stuff all in a reasonable price range really!
            Rach

Facebook
            Website
            Blog
            Folksy

Comment

I always think the best way to know if you have enough stock is to do a mock up of your stall at home. If it looks good and you have some spare stock stashed away to fill spaces after sales, then you're good to go!
              www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
              www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
              Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeGee View Post
                I always think the best way to know if you have enough stock is to do a mock up of your stall at home. If it looks good and you have some spare stock stashed away to fill spaces after sales, then you're good to go!
                Thats a very good suggestion and a tactic I've used before - once you have your table laid out its much easier to see what gaps need filling or if its too crowded you can keep a few bits under the table ready to fill in the pieces you sell (fingers crossed). It was also a good suggestion to anticipate your market customers for the day (thats presuming its a place you have been to yourself so can think about the types of people that were there). Another thing about 'trying out' your table is that you can practice things like putting a couple of boxes underneath the cover to 'raise' the items at the back and dont forget to make up your pricing cards/tickets (in my experience people prefer to see the prices or they fear things are expensive). Most importantly don't forget to leave a space in a prominant spot for your business cards so people can easily pick them up and if you are prepared to offer bespoke service for pieces make sure you put a card up saying so. HTH

p.s. make sure you have a bag full of small change handy too - its surprising how many £ coins/notes can come out on the day.
                Mel

Comment

Working...
                X