Crimp sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimp sizes

I think this is more like Palmers messing up more than anything but i ordered some crimps to use with the 1mm beading chain. They are 2mm and i made sure they fitted the chain. They got here and i found that only about 4 out of the 100 actually fitted! The rest were obviously too small. There were 2 different sizes in the pack!

I contacted Palmers and they claim that crimps will differ slightly in size anyway. This is BS to me but they offered to exchange them anyway. Just need to go through the hassle of sending them back!

But can crimps differ this much in size!? Surely they are all made using the same mould or however they make them....(no idea how they are made!)
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

I always buy my sterling crimps from Burhouse and they are very uniform in size. Never had a problem. I think I'd argue that they should replace them and they should pay the return postage.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Sadly, you would seem to be not alone in this. I, and a number of others, have all had problems with orders from Palmers recently. I'm hoping it's just a blip, because they've always been a really nice company to deal with.
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

They said they are happy to refund but they dont do exchanges. But of course i would pay postage. Im tempted to argue this as i have been a good customer of theirs and spent a hell of a lot of money with them. But i think i just want to argue for the sake of it.
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I'd ask for a refund or replacement with no cost for shipping them back. It's not your fault they are irregular and the postage is nothing on them given retaining a customer (IMHO). I would ask for this politely and state your reason. Most businesses should be agreeable to something so minor.
          Mike, The Bead Company
          www.thebead.co.uk
          7 Keith Street
          Glasgow G11 6QQ
          Find us on www.facebook.com/thebeadcompanyglasgow

Comment

Oh no! I've just placed a big order with Palmer's today myself, including some 1mm crimps. Oh well, better wait and see if they are rubbish too.

I would definitely kick up a stink. I've only had one problem with them before, I bought some lever back earwires from them and they didn't send the correct amount, when they sent the missing ones, they sent gold filled rather than sterling that I'd ordered. I kept them anyway as I couldn't be bothered trying to sort it out, and I use both types.

When I've bought sterling crimps from other places they are all pretty uniform in size.
            Elinor
            x

My Misi page
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

They are quite small crimps really so not sure what else i would use them for. The lady i am emailing is already being quite snippy with me. Im tempted to bring out hte line that i am a regular customer with them and i feel i am not being treated correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                The lady i am emailing is already being quite snippy with me. Im tempted to bring out hte line that i am a regular customer with them and i feel i am not being treated correctly!
                I would, I think she should be careful, if she has too much of an attitude they may find they lose a lot of customers, something they can't afford in the current climate I would imagine. Stick to your guns. Let us know how you get on.
                Elinor
                x

My Misi page
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                  They are quite small crimps really so not sure what else i would use them for. The lady i am emailing is already being quite snippy with me. Im tempted to bring out hte line that i am a regular customer with them and i feel i am not being treated correctly!
                  You stick to your guns, its not as if you asking for something that you are not entitled to is it!! Tell them that you belong to "A large craft forum and that you will "Spread the word", I am sure they will soon change their tune!!

Let us know the outcome!!

Comment

I believe crimps are made from long tubes which are machine to length. e.g. 2x2mm or 1x2mm or 1x1mm etc

We hand count ours out rather than weigh them, so if there happens to be an add one or two sizes in the bulk pack we can take them out.

Debbie
                    www.beadservice.net
                    On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Working...
                    X