Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you finish off a piece of beadweaving neatly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you finish off a piece of beadweaving neatly?

Never done any beadweaving before, I am trying to make a brick stitch flower from beads magazine and their instructions are somewhat lacking! I have made it secure but its not exactly neat and I dont want the thread to start unravelling and sticking out.

Was also wondering if there is a way of not getting the thread wrapped round the outside of the bead on the decrease rows.

Tia
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

To finish off bead weaves, tie the end off somewhere tidy at the end then weave the thread back down through the body of the weave to loose the end,
    I have never found a way to avoid the thread showing on the decrease rows but there are folk on here with years more experience than me

Comment

i do bead weaving alot and make loads of little bags that always do well, what i do when i have finnished is to weave at least 3 inches of thread back randomly throught the pattern and take it to the end of any row, then i make a loop with the thread and pass the needle through this loop, i have never had anything undo this way, if you need anymore advice on this feel free to pm me

tracy

Comment

Thanks tinks, will give that a go. Would love to see some pics of your bags, have you got any on flickr or some that you could put in your album on here? (Its not just me, everyone is nosy on here!)
        flickr
        blog
        my website
        etsy

Comment

Originally posted by tinks View Post
          i do bead weaving alot and make loads of little bags that always do well, what i do when i have finnished is to weave at least 3 inches of thread back randomly throught the pattern and take it to the end of any row, then i make a loop with the thread and pass the needle through this loop, i have never had anything undo this way, if you need anymore advice on this feel free to pm me

tracy
          Sounds interesting, can we see some piccys

Comment

Working...
          X