Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beading Chain again, ordering now so any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beading Chain again, ordering now so any help?

Im going to order some beading chain from palmers.

http://www.palmermetals.co.uk/Sterli...0mm-11302.aspx

Im going to make a big order so it needs to be right! Im going to be using larger gemstones. From 6mm up to 12mm, if they fit ok and arnt too big. Will this chain suit? Also can i make it so that there is no link in this chain? As in no catch. So people put it over their head.

Im ordering some more SS crimps too.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

You might need to check the holes on your beads first - many gemstones are drilled with fairly fine holes. Try some 1mm wire and see if it fits.

If you want to make a continuous loop, you'll have to crimp or solder a connection piece. The cord ends that Palmers sell specifically for this chain are very neat if you decide on a clasp though - which does make the finished piece more flexible in that it can be doubled if the wearer wants.
    george
    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Oh good point, i have some wire i can try.

I saw those ends from palmers. I was thinking about them but i want to keep my costs down. This is just so i have a new product for my fair. Something a bit different. Soldering isnt an option at the moment. I have a few SS clasps so i could get the ends and just use them for now.

Thanks for quick reply btw!
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I think il get some of each size. .6mm and 1mm. So i can do smaller beads too

Comment

Working...
        X