Repair charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair charges

I've had a call from a lady who stocks some of my jewellery in her shop, asking me to mend a charm bracelet (not one of mine!) for one of her customers. By the sounds of it all that will be needed is to replace a headpin and add a bead so it's going to take me all of 2 minutes. Which leaves me at a bit of a loss what to charge. Any suggestions?
    www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
    www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
    Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
    Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Difficult one isn't it? If I did a repair of that nature for a friend or regular customer I wouldn't charge anything as goodwill goes a long way. If you sell a lot of stuff through that shop it may be worth doing the repair for nothing but making it clear that anything more complicated would be charged for. You might find the charm bracelet owner feels she ought to consider buying something of yours!!
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Thanks for your comments Janet, that was something I was considering. Think I will do it as a freebie. Season of goodwill and all that!
      www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
      www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
      Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
      Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

I would do it free of charge as it will make a much bigger impact than a charge. The customer will be thrilled and could well tell her friends. But do ask the shop owner to hand out a biz card or mention your website address to say who the kind person was that did this for her.
        Goodwill with a dash of self promo
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Make sure you tell her it's a special favour though or you will be expected to do all the repairs for free, or you could ask her to put a small donation into a charity box instead.

Melanie

Comment

We do a lot of repairs at the stall, something like that do free, they often give you a couple of pounds anyway. Anything harder we charge £10 per hour in 15min bits plus parts.
            Be warned, always get an exact description in writing signed by the customer, or that plate pendant will become 24ct solid gold with chain worth thousands
            That has been tried on us a couple of times!

Comment

Working...
            X