Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folksy

Hi all

i am considering selling on the above site but wondered how popular it is and do you get many sales from it?

thanks in advance

keeley
    www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

Have done ETSY, Folksy, Dawanda and You Crafty Lot, did not sell a bean on any but know other members who have had success.

Comment

I like folksy a lot and i have had about 10 sales so far !!! I think as more people get to know about it , it will do well !!
      allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

I think is the problem it seems other crafters know about it but ask the public and you get blank looks. The one they seem to have heard of is ETSY but are put off because of the currency thing. I think a few of the UK mags (not craft) need to do features on these sites which we up awareness.

Comment

I have had a folksy shop for a couple of weeks now and really like the site. It's easy to use, as a buyer and as a seller, looks good and has some fantastic crafts on there (ok, so that's not so god as I keep buying them!!!).

I have sold one mirror so far which I am really pleased about, as on other sites I have come away making no sales.

At the moment it's commission free so Iid say its worth opening a shop. You need to list items regularly though as when you list something it appears on the main buying page. The forums are also very useful, and are another way of getting known amoungst other sellers. You and other selers can add shops to your favourites and I think this helps when it comes to your items appearing on searches??

Hope this helps anyway Good luck!!!
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

If you don't have your own online shop definitely give it a go - and even if you do, it can be a way of driving traffic there. I don't think it can ever hurt to have a shop on these sites, but as Carole says, the people buying do seem to be other crafters (myself included!) rather than the general public. I wouldn't bother with etsy unless you're prepared to spend a fortune relisting your items to stop them getting buried. I'm letting my etsy shop fizzle out.
            www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
            www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
            Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
            Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Unfortunately the one thing which puts me off these sites, whether as a buyer or seller, is Paypal.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

I favour Etsy although I have had a Folksy shop for several months I don't have anything in it at present. Folksy take 5% comission against 3.5% from Etsy for starters but also, 95% of my buyers have been from America and I feel I'll was lose way too much business if I only sell on Folksy. I was intending on doing both but it gets too complicated and time consuming to do that.
                I'm sure Folksy will improve with time. Etsy has already picked up speed since I registered there in April 07. (started to list to sell in November 07)

Rachael
                http://blueshedcrafts.etsy.com
                ~ Rachael
                My etsy Shop Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                  Unfortunately the one thing which puts me off these sites, whether as a buyer or seller, is Paypal.
                  What is it about Paypal that puts you off Elaine?
                  www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                  www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                  Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                  Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeGee View Post
                    What is it about Paypal that puts you off Elaine?
                    Basically the whole system.

Some years ago I opened an account as people were raving about the advantages of PP and ebay - I couldn't find a simple explanation on either site - such an overload of info,taking a whole page to say what could be stated in a few lines.

In addition there was a large number of spam/phishing emails purporting to be from PP/ebay (quite a few people were taken in - not PP or ebay's fault I admit) but one had to check the headers.

Then I found that the majority of stuff I wanted to buy could generally be found cheaper away from ebay and closed the accounts.

Buying from sites which used PP was possible with my card until August 2007 when suddenly I was getting a message from PP that I had to sign up for PP or use a different email/card.

Nowhere on the PP site could I find an email address so that I could contact them for an explanation (I had the email from them confirming the closure of the account).

Fortunately the three or four suppliers which I use supplied me with their bank account numbers and I do an online transfer for purchases.
                    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                    website
                    blog

Comment

i think i may give it a go after xmas, i do have my own website which i am updating at the moment but it never hurts to try these things and most of you have positive things to say.

thanks guys
                      www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

Comment

I've just opened a shop on folksy after seeing an article about it in make jewellery magazine hopefully I'll get some sales every little helps doesn't it.

Comment

Working...
                        X