Claire Aristides workshops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire Aristides workshops

I was wondering if anyone has attended any workshops with Claire Aristides and if so I would welcome any feedback.
    I am considering enrolling on a one day intro class.
    Thank you

I have and I had a great day. I haven't stopped making jewellery since. It's a bit pricey, but I thought it was worth it, and you get to keep everything you make.
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

woudlnt recommend it, you can get similar shops a lot cheaper. Claire has a very good marketing co but her jewellery isnt as stunning as it looks online, a good camera can work magic.

Comment

I agree that anyone could make her jewellery, which is kind of her mission statement really that anyone can do it. I'd still say her course is very good, it's very intensive and you get lots of personal attention.

Her marketing is good, but they don't do the hard sell on you to buy her things when you do the course at all. I did it in London (I think she does it in other places too) in her shop, and they told us about other bead shops nearby and were happy for us to go and shop in other places during the lunch break.
        Last edited by cupcake; 14-12-2008, 09:19 PM.
        Elinor
        x

My Misi page
        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

I'm in Cambridgeshire, does anyone know of any good workshops suitable for beginners near me? I don't mind traveling but would prefer a 50-60 miles radius.

Comment

Have you looked on youtube for how too videos. I learnt lot off there.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Sparrow View Post
              I was wondering if anyone has attended any workshops with Claire Aristides and if so I would welcome any feedback.
              I am considering enrolling on a one day intro class.
              Thank you
              I got it as an Xmas gift last year. Someone came to my house to teach me so it was one on one training. Fantastic! I knew nothing then, and now i make jewellery everyday! I thought it was great!

xx
              Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

If you're looking for something local have you tried the Rocking Rabbit in Haddenham (near Ely)? I know a lot of people rave about the shop, I don't know if they run courses but it could be worth asking if you're from that part of Cambs
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I must admit I'd love to have her marketing gurus behind me (envy envy)
                  Last edited by LaVidalerie; 19-12-2008, 05:50 PM.
                  My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                  FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                  I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

What is the deal with calling EVERYTHING handmade 'original and unique'?

My work is more original than hers and her designs are called inspiring/unique. To me it looks like Topshop jewellery.

But that is what is popular.

It's better to find your own style then read up on the techniques, because as stated anyone can learn how to wire wrap, not everyone has the same personality- personality is what makes jewellery worth it i think.
                    http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
                    http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

Comment

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post

My work is more original than hers and her designs are called inspiring/unique. To me it looks like Topshop jewellery.

But that is what is popular.

It's better to find your own style then read up on the techniques, because as stated anyone can learn how to wire wrap, not everyone has the same personality- personality is what makes jewellery worth it i think.
                      TOTALLY AGREE (and I'm not a jewellery maker!)
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                        If you're looking for something local have you tried the Rocking Rabbit in Haddenham (near Ely)? I know a lot of people rave about the shop, I don't know if they run courses but it could be worth asking if you're from that part of Cambs
                        Have been in touch with the Rocking Rabbit and they have a class next Saturday that I'm able to go to. And very cheap too!
                        I'm sure this class will be great for me. I'm very much a hands on learner and I have loads of questions regarding technique, mainly to do with findings & finishing of.
                        Thank you everyone for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
                          Is it all actually handmade? I hadn't heard of her before this thread, but I have to admit to website envy. Did find a typo though .
                          www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
                          www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
                          Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
                          Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Working...
                          X