pendant costing help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pendant costing help please.

i have a customer wants met o make her a pendant, she has a chain she wants to use so only needs the pendant. It will be sterling silver adn using goldstone. Quite simple and small.

Any ideas what i should charge? usually my necklaces have chain included so it bumps cost up but pendant only i have no idea. thanx.

I would work it out the same way as a repair. I would charge for the components used and then add your labour charge. That way she'll keep you in mind for the next time. Ive gained many valued customers this way. But its up to you. It would all depend on the work you have to do and how long it takes
    Hope that helps
    Vixxie
    Vixxie

Comment

costs

i was at a fair and someone wanted a goldstone buttefly with a couple goldstone beads, i charged £4, the price of the beads a little extra, she then come back and spent another £30 with me so keeping the cost to a minimum will help bring back repeat customers, as they know they can trust you
      i hope this helps you
      tracy

Comment

thanks vixxie, it'll take me about 2 mins to be honest. And only about 3 stones so probabably not that costly. But i dont want to say £2 cause that might seem cheap to her.

This is the 6th thing ordered shes ordered off me after origianlly buying at a fair

Comment

Originally posted by spagbog View Post
          thanks vixxie, it'll take me about 2 mins to be honest. And only about 3 stones so probabably not that costly. But i dont want to say £2 cause that might seem cheap to her.

This is the 6th thing ordered shes ordered off me after origianlly buying at a fair
          Hey huni, well you have to bear in mind that your running a buisiness as well and even tho your only making a pendant they are semi-precious stones. I couldnt see her being unhappy with you charging around the same as a small piece if jewellery. Since that is what it is. £5 or so seems fair to me

She's a valued customer then!!! he he. I would even tell er that the price is esp for her. Shell be well chuffed!

Vixxie
          Vixxie

Comment

thanks vixxie, i have to remember i am running a biz, i do tend to undervalue thigns.

Comment

He he....its so easily done!! I have to constantly remind myself too
              Vixxie

Comment

ooh I love goldstone I have some small pieces I've just polished myself intended for a project I have in mind and I picked up 2 lovely goldstone cabs at the bead show in sandown just waiting for me to make a couple of necklaces.
                As the others said cost of materials plus your time should come to a reasonable price

Comment

This is just the sort of question that everyone selling crafts must want a guide for, and a forum community would be a great place to put such a guide together: some kind of browsable photos with the time it took to make, the materials used (what type of gems the clear shiny things are etc.) and then have folk say what they'd pay for that item (but only if they would actually buy it). It might be worth the 'buyer' stating their level of trade knowledge: someone like me who has never voluntarily been to a craft fair may well be willing to pay lots for something that normally sells for a small amount (I've just bought a bead kit and think it should be being sold for five times as much - I would still have bought it).
                  Over time sellers (and buyers) would end up with a variety of items to guide them... Trouble is, I this idea doesn't fit in with the forum or wiki models very well... Perhaps a forum price-polls section?
                  If I ever make anything good enough to sell, I'll want to keep it!

http://mines.lumpylumpy.com/Electron...xNet/index.php

Comment

I would work out what you would charge if you made it in the normal way (ie including chain and then deduct price of the chain. If she's bought from you before she will know your pricing levels and willl already have an idea of what to expect to pay.
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Working...
                    X