In the Studio silver smithing course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Studio silver smithing course

Has anyone on here ever been to any of their courses?

They look very good. I'm thinking of trying the evening class there. I'd like to know if the courses include materials. If not is £136 far too expensive? I'd struggle getting the funds together for this but if they are THAT good i'd be willing to try i think.

Thanks

Bon
    http://www.purpleglass.co.uk/index.html

ohhh sounds good Bon, I'd love to try it but maybe after Christmas.( unless I can get a couple of good poker wins )

If you have the website address or any details I'd love to have a look, £136 isn't to bad but I suppose it depends on whats included and where it is.
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

How long is the evening class?

Im doing one after christmas and it lasts for 10 weeks i think. Its £60 plus £10 for materials. It includes soldering and cuttings and other stuff. Its only the beginner course.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
        Its £60 plus £10 for materials. It includes soldering and cuttings and other stuff. Its only the beginner course.
        thats very good value !
        I have found one at Burleigh College Bon, but its only for 2 weeks and its £70 not including materials, if your'e interested I will print it out and bring it on Tues
        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Friend of mine does one at Burleigh, 10 week course for £60, no materials.
          I just reallyliked the sound of this "in the studio" one. It's in Kegworth so not too far (specially for me if i go straight from work)
          If you google "In the studio kegworth" you'll find the details.
          Nightschool:
          Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday week day evening classes.
          You don't loose time on our night school course if you miss a night as we allow time to be made up.
          Workshop 6.30pm-9.30pm. 8 Week Session

If that is including materials i think it's a good deal.

Really hoping to playpoker Tuesday....things are just a bit (and i mean omg my head is going to fall off it's spinning so much) chaotic down on t'ol marina atm. Keep beating our lot when we play so need to start taking all your money too

Bon
          http://www.purpleglass.co.uk/index.html

Comment

It was In the Studio that I learned how to do the wire wrapping. They are lovely friendly little classes. They offer accommodation there if you need it but I stayed at a hotel just down the road from it. The workshops are old and quaint looking. I just loved the place. Most of the materials was included in the price but we had to pay for the gemstones and any extra materials that we used. We had lunch in a local pub and the price were really good.
            Something Shiny Something Sparkly
            Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
            My blog
            Facebook

Comment

Hi Bon
              Yes I've done an "In the Studio" course, Thresea was a very informative and helpfull teacher,
              the studio is great and the equipment is all on hand.
              The last one I did was the casting course which was superb, but I intend to do more courses with them
              (well worth the investment)

Afraid I can't comment on the night classes as I'm not sure if it's Theresa who teaches those.
              It might be worth asking as I think the night classes are more informal.

Give them a call and talk one to one, she's very knowledgable and can advise you on
              which you might get the best out of.

Nic x
              **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
              Different prize every month
              Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
              PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleglass View Post
                Has anyone on here ever been to any of their courses?

They look very good. I'm thinking of trying the evening class there. I'd like to know if the courses include materials. If not is £136 far too expensive? I'd struggle getting the funds together for this but if they are THAT good i'd be willing to try i think.

Thanks

Bon

hey where does it take place?
                Olaffi a

Comment

ohhhhhhhh i have read
                  no i know
                  they sound really interesting and professional
                  could be good to check them out
                  Olaffi a

Comment

they are quite expensive though
                    i joined a silversmithing course at adult education centre and the entire year costed about 250 pounds
                    and when you think about this, soldering, piercing etc. need a lot of practice so i think personally that there is no way of mastering it in one day.
                    the more sophisticated courses: mokumee fe; could be a good inspiration to include some new techniques when you know the basics already, because then its enough for somebody to show you how you do it.
                    but thats how i see it guys
                    Olaffi a

Comment

I agree if it's just for one day. I did 3 years at evening classes still ddin't learn every thing.
                      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                        I agree if it's just for one day. I did 3 years at evening classes still ddin't learn every thing.

practice makes master
                        or something like that

did you have any funny incidents like lets say
                        a piece melting when you just really wanted to solder it
                        or ten saw blades exploding just to cut a small piece in half

this was what more or less happened to me during my first lessons
                        but i improved
                        Olaffi a

Comment

All the time. I made a brooch from this pattern.

I had to hand cut it was a night mare took me months.
                          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Can't tell if that profile is you or Barry.
                            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

i bet it did
                              i spied a bit into your profile picks
                              you have some nice things there
                              love in the dogs house
                              Olaffi a

Comment

Working...
                              X