Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£30 worth of stuff! SP chains and tweaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £30 worth of stuff! SP chains and tweaking!

Wow!! Someone had ordered £30 worth of things on my website!! Its a slight cheat as i know her from somewhere else lol. She tried to do it through paypal but it brought up an error page!!! Is that me or her?

She would like a SP chain to go with a pendant she wants. I really want this to be 110% service for her so does anyone know of a really good place for them? Il look up the usual haunts but anywhere else you know are good for chains?

How do you stop yourself from tweaking your work before you send it. I know i need to file a couple of bits of wire from the brangle (big hit!) but i know i would end up filing the whole brangle away if i dont stop myself. I just want it to be the best i can do it and i will hold my breath until i get feedback from this lady who is spending her money. Im worrying as there are slight tool marks on the wire pendant.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Congratulations on the sale - great news and so glad your bangle was a hit.

Why do you want to run the risk of spoiling your jewellery by "tweaking" it too much? Just make sure there are no sharp bits on it then LEAVE IT ALONE! Seriously, its got to be fine as it is or else it wouldn't have sold.

The slight tool marks prove that your item is hand made and not mass produced (and it adds character). As long as they're only slight then I wouldn't worry.

As for the SP chains, I get mine from Burhouse. They cost anything between £13 and £25 (plus VAT) per 100 depending on the length and thickness.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Its like when i used to paint and why i dont anymore....I wouldnt finish a painting as i would be adding and changing things all the time.

Im a a fluffle as im not 100% organised yet. I need to order gift boxes and chains. And to call the Inland Revenue!!
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Hi Well done on the sale, I get my sp chains from markylis if you google it it should come up, they work out about 30p to 40p each I think, not bought any for a while and I can't find my receipt at the moment, been having a sort out and putting new shelving in my hobby room, so can't find anything now! I have also bought them from beads findings 'n' things. Hope this helps.
        Sue.
        https://www.facebook.com/HandmadeInOtley?ref=hl
        http://folksy.com/shops/HandmadeinOtley
        http://www.otleyexclusive.co.uk/store/HandmadeinOtley

Comment

I'd say you should always remove any marks or scratches if you can before you polish the piece. Finish is really important. I use a sanding disc on my pendant drill which makes it really quick.
          Best wishes
          Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
            Wow!! Someone had ordered £30 worth of things on my website!! Its a slight cheat as i know her from somewhere else lol. She tried to do it through paypal but it brought up an error page!!! Is that me or her?
            Just worth a mention,possibly,my website didn't work to begin with, something to do with forgetting to confirm my paypal account for purchases.
            HTH
            I craft, therefore I am!
            for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
            www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
            now Live get your supplies here

Comment

Someone else has ordered stuff through paypal and it worked ok. So im thinking it was her.

Also if people order stuff but dont go through paypal, or dont pay right away can i tell! I get a paypal receipt when they pay but not sure if i get any notification if they dont go through paypal. Its mr site btw.

Comment

Easiest way to stop tweaking after you finished an item is to be so busy you dont get time to tweak. well it works for me

Comment

Working...
                X