Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cha cha bracelet

Hi,

I keep looking at these bracelets and fancy having a go but was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me one that they have done as I've no idea what size attachments to use.

Thanks in advance (hopefully)!!

As I can't post pictures yet I've put one in my album incase you know them by a different name. Thanks again.
    Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Oh dear, 36 people have looked at this post so far but no replies so far. I hope you don't think I'm trying to copy anyone's ideas - I'm not, honest. Just after help as to what to use on these bracelets.
    Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Comment

Give it time Gemjar....................it's quite possible you had 36 people who didn't do your craft look at this post. Patience. I make beaded jewellery, and I've never seen one before!

Comment

Sorry, I was getting lonely!
        Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Comment

Hi Gemjar - I was one of the 36 people that looked at this but it was the very early hours of this morning and I had to be up for work so I decided to leave it til tonight. Sorry if you thought everyone was ignoring you.

I've never heard of them before so I googled and found this

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_jew...265364,00.html

I reckon you could add pretty much anything you wanted to really - its all down to personal preference. Go ahead with your ideas and post a pic when you've done it.
          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thanks Auntynet. Must say I wasn't too impressed with the sample on that website. Think I might give those a miss for now, but there again..... mm, shall I, shan't I - ooh, decisions, decisions!
            Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Comment

I've seen these but never beaded one , I'd go with a theme of maybe 3 colours using (6mm or 4mm with 2 to each loop) glass or swarovski bicones so it forms a shaggy cuff bracelet.

The beauty of any craft is everybody has their own twist on a theme,I'm sure other jewellery makers would do somthing different, me I'm like a magpie I love anything that sparkles !
              Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
              my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
              my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't give up on your idea just cos you didn't like that example - as Becky says, crafting something for yourself is all about personal taste. If you chose beads and charms that you like then why would you not like the finished product? Give it a go.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I prefer charm bracelets with a chain as the base as they are not so chunky.
                  You could always try one and see how you get on. I would definitely add a bead on every loop as it looks a bit bare otherwise.

Melanie

Comment

I think they could turn out quite well, and they are a modern take on charm bracelets. Give it a go.
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

The only one I ever saw was one that a friend had bought. It was made with glass pearls and pewter charms.

I didn't like the base of the bracelet itself as I imagine it can pinch the skin quite easily, then again, I didn 't wear it so, sorry, not much help.
                      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

cha cha bracelet

Hi gemjar,

I am in the process of making a cha cha bracelet only the one im making has 3 loops on each link so basically 144 beads on the end result. It has been a long learning experience and when i say long so far ive spent two hours on it. I was handwiring the beads on it, i am using pearls and vintage ab crystals, every colour under the sun in the pearls and it has given a really good effect. However, this evening i was half way around when i decided to tried it on and its stretched, probably because the different size pearls are moving each link apart. So im going to have to take it apart and im going to make loops with head pins and then attaching the charms with jump rings. I would suggest either 5mm or 6mm jump rings i doubt that you could work with something much smaller. Not sure if this helps answer your question, the only thing ive found is to give it a go and if it doesnt work out try again. Good luck xx

Comment

here are some examples of the ones I make

full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

here are some more

full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

aren't those charm bracelets BBD rather than cha cha bracelets on the weird stretchy metal thing with loops (great technical detail here I admit )

like these (not mine, got the pic off the web)
                              Elinor
                              x

My Misi page
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X