Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntynet
    replied
    Commission fees for sellers can vary greatly from anything upto about 50%. You need to come to talk to the owner of the salon and find out what she's (assumption) expecting.

I was lucky in that my jewellery was in the local salon and the owner grew up in the same street as me so she did it as a favour for me and didn't take anything.

I used to have goods in an art gallery but they wanted a whopping 45% which I added onto the top of my prices. I found that this venue was very "cliquey" with only the regular designers (with the art degrees) that seemed to sell anything.

I've also had goods in a cabinet in 2 antique shops and they charged me £8 per week (I didn't do much so I withdrew my goods after the contract was up and I've recently learned that they are now offering the cabinets at half price). I see that as a sign that business still isn't very good.

We now stock goods that other crafters have made and we personally add 20% onto the price that the crafter wants for their goods.

I think that an average % is between 20 - 30%. As I said earlier - talk to the salon owner and find out what she's expecting and take it from there.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Norwood
    started a topic Selling jewellery in Salons

Selling jewellery in Salons

Hi

I've done a few jewellery parties and also sold to people at work. Before I approach a beauty salon/hair dressers to ask if they will display/sell some of my pieces in their salon, I'm trying to find out what kind of payment they might expect from me ie take 10% of everything I sell or maybe charge me a monthly fee. Can anyone advise?

Thanks very much
    Heather
Working...
X