Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner pin boards

Hi

could anyone help me? i am looking for some corner pin boards for my parties and fetes but not sure where to get them from.

thanks keeley
    www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

You could always make your own, 2 normal pin boards joined with a hinge.

HTH
    Carol
    Sparklez.co.uk
    Handmade Jewellery

Comment

I made my own for about £2.00 each.
      Cork pin boards x 2
      small hinges tiny nails
      stapler
      fabric.

Cover each board with fabric (if you want to)
      face the right sides together and add a little hinge top and bottom.

They are great because using display pins you can set them up in advance and then just stand them up when you get there.
      If you are at outdoor venues, you'll need to secure them to the table using claps etc.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
        They are great because using display pins you can set them up in advance and then just stand them up when you get there.
        What sort of pins do you use? Mine stick out of the back too much to set up the boards in advance. Also, how are your items secured so they don't fall off in transit? I can't picture it and will end up in a mess if I try it . I have to set everything up when I get there which takes ages.
        www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
        www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
        Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
        Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

The pins I use are called display pins and are u shaped. I push the pins in so that they straddle the item and therefore the item cannot come off the board unless you remove the pin.

mine do stick out the boards, but I try to avoid this by pushing them in at an angle so the points are heading down in to the board.

Where the pins are poking through, I just carry them crefully! It saves so much setting up time at a venue and they are also great for storage at home too.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I made my own too x

I use normal pins but carefully put them in at an angle and this holds the items in place but also they dont stick out ...it does take a bit of patience though normally the air is blue in my house when Im doing it lol
            Ren x
            www.urbanangelz.co.uk
            12High Street, Middleton Cheney, Oxon, OX17 2PB

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...25898137455617

www.twitter.com/urbanangeljewel

www.blogger.com/urbanangeljewellery

Comment

I have an event on Friday - maybe I'll try leaving things on when I pack up and see what sort of a mess I get into!
              Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Comment

If you put a piece of foam or thick material between the boards before you fold them up it will help keep everything in place.

Melanie

Comment

hadnt thought of using my own which is a brilliant idea as i can colour co-ordinate them.

thanks all going to have a go later tonight.
                  www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

Comment

Hi, not sure if it'll work but I wondered, you mentioned that the pins stick out the back of your boards...how about getting some cork tiles, self adhesive ones and stick them on the back. This would add another layer and stop you pricking your fingers...would this work?
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

That's a pretty good idea - I have both sides covered in black velvet at the mo but may put tiles on them in the future. Thanks for all the tips people!
                      Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Comment

I glued some polystyrene onto the board before covering with fabric, this makes then thick enough to use U pins without them sticking out the back. Was really cheap too!
                        Sparklez.co.uk
                        Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                        X