Jewellery parties... what time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery parties... what time?

Well, this is me again, with another of my silly questions. I know a mum who wants to hold a jewellery party and I am finding a bit scary but I will do it.
    The thing is I do not even know what time of the day are they usually held. Are they in the evening after kids go to sleep, is it during the school time if everybody is a mum with kids at school...?
    I know this may sound like the silliest of questions, but I honestly don't know and I do not want to be asked and just looked like a fish out of water.
    What times do you usually run yours? Or is it something that is completely left for the hostess to decide?
    Thanks in advance,
    Monica
    Your mind, like a parachute, works better when it's open.

I would ask the hostess what she prefers and give her a couple of options, so you could say - well I could do an afternoon party on such and such a day or evenings I'm free on ....... and she what she prefers.

It all depends on what sort of party the hostess wants I guess, if it's an opportunity to get the girls around, have a glass of wine & a natter then evenings are more likely.

Hope it goes well for you
    "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

You have got to decide that based on your target, jewellery parties work at any time of the day

you could have a coffee morning

an early evening hot chocolate evening

a later evening wine evening

You could rattle off the choices and see what suits

I personally have only done evenings; vino gets the money flowing...... (although at the last one I did, I got drunk and gave stuff away....... watch out for that!)
      www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
        You have got to decide that based on your target, jewellery parties work at any time of the day

you could have a coffee morning

an early evening hot chocolate evening

a later evening wine evening

You could rattle off the choices and see what suits

I personally have only done evenings; vino gets the money flowing...... (although at the last one I did, I got drunk and gave stuff away....... watch out for that!)
        I agree with pebbles, coffee mornings are good as husbands etc not around and more time for the wife to clear up before everyone is home.

Comment

The ones I've been invited to have always been in the evening, about 7pm. It may depend on who is going to be invited to the jewellery party, as us who work can't go to one in the daytime very easily.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hello!

I held a party just for friends and had it on a Saturday afternoon. It was a roaring success but I am too scared to actually do one for people I don't know!

Good luck!

Indigo

Comment

I'm doing one tonight 7pm ~ 9pm ! Plus wine & nibbles !!!
              Allison Kiln

Comment

Originally posted by allibongo View Post
                I'm doing one tonight 7pm ~ 9pm ! Plus wine & nibbles !!!

I am with you on that one...I do mine in the evenings - around 7pm. All my friends and their friends work so they are not free in the day I do get lonely sometimes LOL... So I normally end up doing evening parties. I can then work around my husband, he looks after my daughter when he comes in and I go out! ..... I should'nt sound so excited about that lol

I guess its all trial and error, what will work best for you. If you have lots of friends (mum's and tot's group) you will be ok doing a day one.

I wish you all the luck...most of important thing is have fun.
                http://www.bridalise.co.uk/
                Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery For All Occasions

Comment

Hi I'm having my first seasonal one this year, and its 7.30 on a friday night. Had lots of yes's so I would say night times. Especially at this time of year its all too tempting just to curl up in front of the telly - or the pc..or the craft 'area' heehee x
                  I craft, therefore I am!
                  for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
                  www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
                  now Live get your supplies here

Comment

Working...
                  X