Clip on earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip on earrings

A lady who bought some studs from me wants some clip on danglies for her mum. I was wondering how well do they sell? Iv never thought to make any as part of the website.

Also are those screw in ones as bad as they look?
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

We offer to change any earing to clips, we dont try to stock a range of clipons, as we did this once and they just didnt sell.
    But we change any we make for an extra 50p or if they bring their own earings for changing its £1. It can be a good earner as some fetch as many as 10 pairs to change,and some will buy the clips to change their own at 50p a pair. The cost of the clips is tiny if you buy in enough bulk

Ps. also sell the cushons for the clips, a very good line

Comment

I had a request from someone for clip on earrings so made a few pairs for my last fair. They actually sold quite well and I will keep a small stock from now on. I hadn't ever thought of them before till someone specifically asked for them! Selina

Comment

I don't make clip on ones especially but I will change most of my pierced ones to clips. If I'm at a fair I take a few pairs of clips and my pliers so I can do it on the spot. I'd definitely say it's worth doing as it does get you extra sales! I've not tried the screw ones but the Silver Corporation sell some nice quality hinge ones on their website for a good price.
        www.jennynevedesigns.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9043479?ref=mf

Comment

I do the same as Urbtaf. (incidentally for exactly the same price!)
          On my website I offer the option as standard included in the price.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

This is something I've been meaning to do, so thanks for the reminder! I'm always suprised at how many requests I get for clip on earrings, so must order some clips to keep in stock....

I only use sterling silver in my jewellery, but looking at costs I'll have to order silver plated clips to stop the price rocketing. Are customers generally happy with this or does anyone know of bargain priced sterling silver clips?
            www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
            www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
            Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
            Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Sterling silver clip ons

Yes I have the odd enquiry for clip on earrings but The sterling silver ones are very expensive to buy in so good luck and let me know if you find a cheaper supplier.

mark
              Mark
              Beads, Charms, Findings & Beaded jewellery - Jersey Craft Shop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marksallai/

Comment

I very rarely make earrings as clips, unless I have been asked, but will happilly change any over for people at craft fairs. In fact I have been looking for my clip on fittings for a while, with no success (I have a fiar next weekend), and lo and behold I actually found them yesterday.... in my craft fair bag (now who would have thunked they would be there!)

*my only mitigation for my dizzyness that I can put forward is that I spent allllllll day and alllllll night re doing the website!
                www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

What do you call bargin price? How much have you found the for?
                  "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                  my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

We by from Burhouse at £8 + VAT for the mini clips and £13.50 + VAT for the standard size. For 100 pairs silver plated. We do get some discount off this price.

The sterling ones start at around £3 per pair and go up but thats for the flat pads or cups - they don't do one with a loop to attach dangles so can't help with prices for them.

The screw fitting is about £9 per pair!
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

lol

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                      We by from Burhouse at £8 + VAT for the mini clips and £13.50 + VAT for the standard size. For 100 pairs silver plated. We do get some discount off this price.

The sterling ones start at around £3 per pair and go up but thats for the flat pads or cups - they don't do one with a loop to attach dangles so can't help with prices for them.

The screw fitting is about £9 per pair!
                      tooo much

lol
                      Mark
                      Beads, Charms, Findings & Beaded jewellery - Jersey Craft Shop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marksallai/

Comment

Originally posted by mark.sallai View Post
                        tooo much

lol
                        I didn't think around 9p a pair was expensive - and we do charge an extra 50p for them so its a pretty good profit margin. But if you know better . . . . Come on Mark - share your sources!!!!!!
                        Last edited by auntynet; 08-11-2008, 05:59 PM.
                        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Palmer metals have sterling silver non pierced earring findings a lot cheaper than £9 a pair (about £5) i have paid up to £15 for them, silly me . I have been asked for them a bit, but only the screw on ones.
                          http://www.aniccajewellery.co.uk
                          http://www.new.facebook.com/profile....ery/6215267978
                          http://www.AniccaJewellery.etsy.com

Comment

Cooksons are cheaper than that for the screw on fittings. I'm sure they're only about £5
                            www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X