Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bead cages - where to buy?

[content removed]
    Last edited by waitingformagic; 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM.

We bought ours from Burhouse beads and they were very good
    www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

Comment

I'm not sure if those are exactly the same as the ones we've used but they look that same. We've used them (in plated) and TBH they are a pain - you have to get the bead in through the bars!!!!! Not easy. We eventually gave up and bought the other type that you "bend" in the middle to get the bead in - we found that there was much more flexibilty.

Maybe I've got it wrong and they open another way?

We got both kinds from Burhouse.

OH informs me that you need to get the hinged ones.
      Last edited by auntynet; 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...22916&indexURL=

silverplated but good price.........hope it helps
        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not found uk suplier yet but these are the things you want? http://www.hydiapearl.com/wholesale-...es-p-3715.html
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

They look quite good Goldy, and at only $2 each for sterling that seems pretty good to me. I'm off to investigate further . . . . . . I feel the need to use my flexible friend!
            Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
              They look quite good Goldy, and at only $2 each for sterling that seems pretty good to me. I'm off to investigate further . . . . . . I feel the need to use my flexible friend!
              With a $20 p&p cost they don't seem such an attractive offer.
              Auntynet

Comment

Goldy does it again, trouble is Gill I want the plain round or oval ones, in sterling, up to 20mm, or am I pushing it

As far as buying from China ect. we have no worse problems than with anyone else, as long as we use Pay Pal, weve had to pull the odd payment back, but you get robbers in this country as well

Comment

As far as I can work out its $20 for EMS or $22 for UPS.

As they are based in China its unlikely (but not impossible) that you would incur any customs charges so you wouldn't have to worry about keeping your order under £18 but you'd still need to buy 20 to keep the costs down to around £1.50 each and that's just a guess re the exchange rate of GB£ versus the US$ - it could possible be more.
                  Auntynet

Comment

Just checked the exchange rate and they work out at just under £1.90 each if you buy 20. You would obviously get a worse exchange rate from PayPal and if you use your credit card you would incur extra costs also.
                    Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by waitingformagic

Talking of my paranoia... I can't tell if the first part of your post was a genuine question or a dig at me being so darn picky! ...I know I'm being a total PITA... Sorry all!!! (And I also apologise for my paranoia lol)
                      just ignore him he's trying to wind me up.

Comment

I wrap gemstones rough and smooth out of thick silver coloured copper wire which holds its shape firmly and you can shape the cage to suit the stone.
                        Chris W.
                        x
                        Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

http://www.sunshinecrafts.com/dept_view.php?DPath=JEWELRY~PRECACCEN~HINGCAGE&Pag e=1

http://www.maldonjewellery.com/pjpc0...har-2836-p.asp
                          Last edited by goldy1; 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

$34 shipping costs for that one!
                            Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                              $34 shipping costs for that one!
                              ** INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED VIA US INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY MAIL. Other shipping methods must be pre-arranged by writing to INTERNATIONAL SPE******T.
                              You will be charged the ACTUAL postage & insurance plus a $5.00 handling charge. Payment is accepted by money order (US funds), credit cards and wire transfer. For pre-paid orders, estimated postage is 40% of merchandise total. Any overpayment will be credited.* Please note that the cost you see for International mail service is only an estimate and may vary according to various factors including package size and dimensional weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X