Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! please

Hi All

I posted a few days ago about my up coming parties well Thursday I got a call from a lady i met at a fete and she asked if i could do a party on Friday, I have said yes but now stressing lol.

Could you help me as i am going to take stock with me on the night and a selection of my beads and order forms for custom made peices but how do you all work it? if someone wants something to order or a replica of something i have made as i will be taking my album, some i cant copy but could do something similar, just not sure what to do for the best as this is my 1st party.

thanks keeley
    www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

I haven't taken orders at a party but maybe this will help.
    If you number all your items and photograph them or put down detailed notes with the number, you will have a record of the styles even if someone buys the origional. You could put E1, E2, N1, N2 etc for earrings and necklaces. If they want a custom order I would put the beads they want in a bag with their name and the number of the style they want so you don't get confused, especially if they want the only beads you have of that colour or style.
    Use the fact that you may not have the same beads as an added selling point that your jewellery is one of a kind and unique.

Melanie

Comment

I done my first card sale at my local church fayre last weekend & sold 5 cards & got 2 orders

What i did though was not only made a note of all the items i have got but also made up a brochure so people could look at the items i can do (but weren't on show) along with order forms.

I got a presentation folder from Tesco & it looks really nice. Going to do another one though as i would like to have one near me all the time as the one i have got is at work @ the mo.

Hope that helps

Christine xx
      www.coshamcraftyclub.co.uk
      www.scrapbookgetaways.co.uk
      www.learntoscrap.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Thanks both those ideas were what i was thinking put the beads they like in little bags with their order details and name etc but not sure on pricing etc

great advice tho thanks alot

keeley
        www.wishesjewellery.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...35&ref=profile

Comment

Don't stress so much! Rough idea for pricing is to double the costs of material and charge for your time on top. Decide how much you think your labour is worth per hour and go from there. Its not a hard and fast rule but it will give you a starting point. HTH.
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
            I haven't taken orders at a party but maybe this will help.
            If you number all your items and photograph them or put down detailed notes with the number, you will have a record of the styles even if someone buys the origional. You could put E1, E2, N1, N2 etc for earrings and necklaces. If they want a custom order I would put the beads they want in a bag with their name and the number of the style they want so you don't get confused, especially if they want the only beads you have of that colour or style.
            Use the fact that you may not have the same beads as an added selling point that your jewellery is one of a kind and unique.

Melanie

Hi Keeley

This is a good idea that Melanie has suggested. I work on the same principal when customers come to my studio. For custom made pieces I give the customer a little bag to fill with the beads they like and then we briefly discuss their requirements....I do a little mock up of the designs on my beading board so they can see. Piricing....I say to my customer I can give you a ball park figure but I will email you a confirmed price as I need to work it all out (only for custom made pieces). So far everyone is happy with that, I email them either that evening or the next morning.

Like Melanie says its an advantage as you are in away giving the customer one to one treatment and making an exclusive piece for them...many of them are happy to give you their email address etc and for you to give them a firm quote the next day. Just have a rough idea in your head of what you think it would be and say it will be for example - between £20 - and £25.00.

I am doing parties soon and this is how I will work. I do have a lot of stock made up and many people buy the stock I have, but lately with Christmas I am making lots of custom pieces and this is how I am doing it! So far so good.

I hope all your parties go well......just enjoy the evening.

Best Wishes

Clare
            http://www.bridalise.co.uk/
            Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery For All Occasions

Comment

Working...
            X