Where can I buy some of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy some of these?

Hi, I can't post a picture on here yet so I have put a couple of pictures in an album.
    I bought some 'stones' and have decided what I am going to do with them but I haven't got enough. I though I had picked them up from Toy & Hobby but at the moment cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know whre I can buy them? I don't even know what you call them! They are quite flat on the sides and are mainly brown but blue-ish depending on the light. I know - I'm hopeless!
    Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Hi gemjar

Don't think this is going to help you much but they look a bit like paua/abalone shell to me.

I've got some that are dyed bright blue but they are nowhere near as chunky as that, I got mine off ebay.

Just had a quick look on ebay for you and found these are they the same kind of thing...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16-Abalone-Pau...1%7C240%3A1318

Cheers

Debbie
    www.aberjewels.co.uk

Comment

They are shell, sometimes described as Mother of pear,
      Very common in summer, and very cheap so dont think you have to pay a lot for them.
      I use 6 or 8 to make a pair of earings which we sell for £1
      Had a quick look in the stock boxes but we only have a few very small ones left so cant help you, but as said you should find plenty on E-Bay and they should be cheap at this time of year

Comment

Oh thanks for the info guys. Those on ebay look very similar. Will go and have a nosy at them properly.
        Thanks again, much appreciated.

PS. Urbtaf - mother of pear? be a bit squidgy those then!!
        Best Wishes,

Gemjar

Comment

Originally posted by gemjar View Post
          Oh thanks for the info guys. Those on ebay look very similar. Will go and have a nosy at them properly.
          Thanks again, much appreciated.

PS. Urbtaf - mother of pear? be a bit squidgy those then!!

new webbook, not got the keys up to speed yet,

But I do like it, even if it is too small to fit on my lap

Comment

. . . and he can't spell.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hi

You can buy these from Totally Beads - sorry cannot add links at the moment.

They are about £2.00 for 40 beads and they have loads of colours. I have bought a lot of these from them.

They called the Shell - Square Nuggets. Or sometimes freshwater nuggets

Hope this helps you.

Clare
              http://www.bridalise.co.uk/
              Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery For All Occasions

Comment

Working...
              X