Pearl knotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl knotting

If I wanted to make a necklace using pearls with knots in the thread between the pearls, what's the best thread to use?

Thanks in advance
    Carol
    Sparklez.co.uk
    Handmade Jewellery

I don't personally knot between pearls but if I did I would buy the silk thread specially for pearls.

Just remember that when knotting you will need at least twice the normal length of thread.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thank you!!!
      Sparklez.co.uk
      Handmade Jewellery

Comment

There are two ways of knotting. One uses a single thread tie a knot and then the knot is pushed down with a separate needle as close as possible to the pearl and pulled tight. The other uses two threads and two needles, both are passed through the pearl and then knotted together and pulled down to the pearl. With the second method is far easier to get the knot close to the pearl and they look identical so go with whichever you find easiest.

Melanie

Comment

I have just finished knotting some green Jade

got some silk thread from The Bead Company, it has a thin needle thing attached to it so you don't have to thread the needle yourself, also got one of those knotting tools and have been using it with some success (I downloaded the instructions then found an easier way to do it!)

I can bring you some next week if you like?
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

Oh, thanks Lesley, that would be great and very kind of you!

Carol
            Sparklez.co.uk
            Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Working...
            X