Heavy necklace - chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy necklace - chain

I have some lovely beads for a necklace, ut they are a little heavy. I want to put them on soft flex then connect them to some chain i have. So the chain wont really be seen as it will be behind the neck.

My plan was to attach the soft flex to a jump ring with a crimp and a wire guard then attach that to the chain. Is that enough? How can i make it stronger?
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

I'm afraid that I'm not a beader but I would have thought if the crimps and wire guard would usually be sufficient for a clasp, then it should be fine to attach to chain.
    www.silverrainbowjewellery.co.uk

Comment

I've made this style necklace but only with smaller beads. I just use crimps to attach the wire to the chain and it works fine. Wire guardians would probably make it neater but I think the jumpring may be unnecessary - if you do go with the jumpring I'd use a closed one for extra security.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hmm, ok. Il try it without the jump ring. Im not sure how i can attach the chain right to the wire guard without a jump ring. I guess i can hook it on before i even attach it to the wire. Il have a wee go.
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

I would use silver gimp on the ends of the thread with a jump-ring attached.
          Best wishes
          Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Whats gimp? Its not something i would try and search on google....

Comment

Gimp is often called bullion or french wire and its basically the DIY version of wire guardians. It can be quite tricky to master. I used to use it until I discoverd guardians and now I have a pack that has been redundant for ages now.
              Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
              X