Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens Jewellery

Hello

I want to make some childrens jewellery- but not sure on sizing!

Do you know the average size to make necklaces and bracelets?

Any help would be great! Thank you in advance

Hi..I think it depends on the age of the child. if you are aiming for younger children then I make 10inch necklaces on elastic and 4in bracelets, for near teenagers 16in chains and 5/6 inch bracelets.

Hope this helps.
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I've just been making some children jewellery for friends children. I had the same dilema as you a few weeks ago about sizing so I got the ladies ordering to measure for me, it made life much easier.

Don't know if it will help you but for a 10/11 year old they wanted a necklace approx 14.5" long, so I did 13.5" and added a 2" extension chain.

Then for the 2 bracelets I have made they measured wrists and they are 17cm and 18cm again for the same age. I've made charm bracelets though so I've left a bit longer so they can be made bigger and smaller as needed.

Probably no help what so ever to you but there you go!

Cheers

Debs
      www.aberjewels.co.uk

Comment

5 inch = new borns
        5 and half = toddlers
        6 ich after 5 yrs old
        8 yrs and older 6 and a half to 7 inches.

my sister makes children's jewellery all day long

Comment

Im guessing these are measurements are for bracelets!

Comment

Yes, I don't know many kids with a 5 inch neck

Comment

The littlies around here must be extra small then cos i do a good trade in 4" bracelets for them.
              Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
              X