Ear wires that won't break??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear wires that won't break??

I'm trying to make some simple earrings that consist of fish hook ear wires, a jump ring, and a little fimo flower. As I put a hole through the flower and I want it all to hang the right way, I need to twist the little loop on the end of the ear wire by 90 degrees. Problem is my ear wires must be really bad quality as they keep snapping everytime I try to twist it. Anyone know where I can get some decent ones that won't break and that won't cost too much? Thankyou!

Try 2 jump rings this will align the flower forward. if you are making the flowers your self put the hole through the side of the petal instead.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I agree with goldy1, use jumprings. It will make the petals hang better as well.
      www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
      www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
      Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
      Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

I sell small triangle jump rings which would be ideal for this case

You'll find them on the site under the 'Silver Plated findings' category , and then go to 'jump Rings' if you're interested

Debbie
        www.beadservice.net
        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

ooh I'll have a look at the triangle jump rings as well as I have the same trouble with some charms I use and I've tried twisting the earring wire but it never seems to hang right
          www.sunrisecards.co.uk
          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

Just to reiterrate what goldy and ceegee say . . . .

Add one jump ring to your fimo flower, then add another jump ring to that one and attach this to your earwire.

Using the extra jump ring allows your charm to hang the correct way and stops any need to twist your earwires which will definitely weaken them and also leaves them mis-shaped.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
            X