Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion necklace

Hi guys

I am looking for instructions on how to make an illusion necklace. Not the one where you crimp either sides of your beads along the wire but the one where you don't need crimps and it involves beading a stone on a single wire then beading it on 2 wires(or something like that) so that the beads kinda stay in place. It's usually made with glass chips too,don't know if that helps but any advice appreciated.
    Tried you tube but couldn't find any clips,they all involve crimps.

Emma
    My Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

Is that the one where you weave the tigertail between the beads?
    Like this?

Do you want to know or is it to showsomebody else? I can tell you how but without diagrams i'm not sure how much sense i'll make!
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hi,

There is a project similar to what you are looking for in the Oct/Nov issue of bead magazine using pearls.

Hope this helps

Julie
      Julie
      www.buzzybeads.co.uk

Comment

I didn't realise it would be such a big picture!

Basically...Wire no1 goes through the top wire no2 goes through the bottom, then no1 goes through the bottom of the next bead and no2 goes through the top of this bead it alternates like this until it is the right length. You can adapt this pattern with different beads once you've tried it a few times!
        I've had a nearly a bottle of wine! So if this doesn't make sense, please send me a private message in the morning and remind me! so that i can explain it in clear english! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Louise88 View Post

I didn't realise it would be such a big picture!

Basically...Wire no1 goes through the top wire no2 goes through the bottom, then no1 goes through the bottom of the next bead and no2 goes through the top of this bead it alternates like this until it is the right length. You can adapt this pattern with different beads once you've tried it a few times!
          I've had a nearly a bottle of wine! So if this doesn't make sense, please send me a private message in the morning and remind me! so that i can explain it in clear english! lol

that's really pretty - I like that a lot
          www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

A variation on that would be to thread seed beads in between the main beads, I have made loads of bracelets to this formula
            www.beadlab.com

Comment

Every time I have tried to do a piece of jewellery like that, with the two threads passing each other through the bead, I have found that it tends to fold up on itself, especially if I am using the clear fishing line type thread. It's almost like, you know when you used to make fans as a kid, folding one way and then folding back the other, well it does that, is it something that I am doing wrong, or is there something I can do to flatten it back out?
              www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                that's really pretty - I like that a lot
                It's not mine I 'borrowed' the picture because it was clearer then the ones i've made!

I'm suffering today! Never drinking again! Ever!
                Okay maybe just a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  Every time I have tried to do a piece of jewellery like that, with the two threads passing each other through the bead, I have found that it tends to fold up on itself, especially if I am using the clear fishing line type thread. It's almost like, you know when you used to make fans as a kid, folding one way and then folding back the other, well it does that, is it something that I am doing wrong, or is there something I can do to flatten it back out?
                  I have had full blown arguments with that fishing line stuff! I get so annoyed when it snaps.
                  I always use tiger tail for this sort of thing

Comment

Working...
                  X