Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntynet
    replied
    Glad I could help you - but obviously you must be aware of the weight of your silver items as others have mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• cferr
    replied
    Originally posted by auntynet View Post
    Why use Cooksons? They sell the 925 punch for £35.63 plus p&p and you can get the same item on ebay for £7 plus £1 p&p!
    Hi! Thanks to you all for your help! I ended up buying the one auntynet recommended from ebay. It's great, and so much cheaper than cookson's!

Leave a comment:

• ngjewel
    replied
    Don't forget that by law ANY Silver item over 7.7g must be hallmarked if it is to be sold in the UK. The assay office of your choice will determine the purity of the item and then mark it appropriately anyway.

Leave a comment:

• auntynet
    replied
    Why use Cooksons? They sell the 925 punch for £35.63 plus p&p and you can get the same item on ebay for £7 plus £1 p&p!

I use this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILVER-925-CAR...3286.m20.l1116

cos its angle allows you to punch inside rings as well as punching bracelets & pendants etc.

Leave a comment:

• WitchfordSilverDesigns
    replied
    I’ve had the same idea, to mark the smaller items while I try and get my hallmark sorted out for the items over 7.7g.

Cookson also do pre-punched tabs that can be linked in.

Leave a comment:

• Caroleecrafts
    replied
    I think it would depend what you are punching onto the straight one looks the simplest, sorry cannot help further, this is something you really need to look at first.

Leave a comment:

• cferr
    started a topic 925 punch

925 punch

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me..... I'm wanting to buy a 925 stamp/punch for marking my silver jewellery. I've looked on cookson's website & thay have a few differnt ones but i don't know which one i should buy??! So if anyone uses one & can advise on which i should get it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks
Working...
X