Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with leaflet to put on noticeboard

Hey lovely people,

Please help me to word a short leaflet (1-2 paragraphs) to put on my work noticeboard. I was thinking of putting it up sometime tomorrow. I am currently into making earrings and i have started doing bracelets. It has to be catchy so that it lures people in my direction lol.

So far i have thought of:

Costume jewellery (earrings/bracelets) for sale.
    Exclusively designed and hand made by Twinkle
    Don't miss out-come and take a look.

twinks

Are you going to put a few piccies on to lure people to take a look? Also dont forget contact details. Just make sure it's eye-catching and will stand out amongst the other items on there!

Don't forget to say commissions if you do that and maybe some ideas for christmas?

I am also in the process of making some leaflets so i know how you feel!!!

good luck!
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

I think I would put something along the lines of : Need help with your Christmas shopping? Looking for something special for that party? Then look no further than Twinkle's handmade jewellery. Commissions taken. etc etc
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by twinkle_77 View Post
        Hey lovely people,

Please help me to word a short leaflet (1-2 paragraphs) to put on my work noticeboard. I was thinking of putting it up sometime tomorrow. I am currently into making earrings and i have started doing bracelets. It has to be catchy so that it lures people in my direction lol.

So far i have thought of:

Costume jewellery (earrings/bracelets) for sale.
        Exclusively designed and hand made by Twinkle
        Don't miss out-come and take a look.

twinks
        How about something like:

Exclusively designed and handmade jewellery by Twinkle
        Fantastic gift ideas or maybe your just looking to treat yourself,

Good luck with it!!
        My Blog
        Twitter
        Facebook

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the great suggestions, it has really helped me word my leaflet better!!

Well today i made the most sales so far-and i only put my leaflet up yesterday afternoon. So advertising really does work lol

I think in few weeks time i will change it and add something about gifts/ christmas presents. That way it will look different too. And maybe will get extra sales then.

twinkle

Comment

Well done you! Now you should tell me how you did it!!!Hee hee!!!xxx
            Dee x
            Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
            Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
            Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Please please forgive me for being a thicko but i didn't get the "commissions taken" bit. Does it mean i give percent to my work?! Sorry!

twinkle

Comment

It means you take requests to make an item to the customers specifications.

HTH
                Carol
                Sparklez.co.uk
                Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Hiya,

Another early bird here.

Commissions Taken is when you make Jewellery to order - so someone commissions you to do a peice for them. Sometimes that will generate more business and you can charge a little more for them too.

Hope this helps
                  for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                  plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                  Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Congratulations on your sales.
                    I tell people that I can make most of the designs in different colours and usually take along a few loose beads to give them an idea.

Melanie

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification!

In that case i have "taken quite a few commissions already"... so should i charge a bit more then?

A lady at work today asked me to make a specific red bracelet and earring set. I made it this evening and it looks gorgeous i wanna keep it myself.

Hmm, i really need to start using my scanner to post some piccies-thing is i'm not confident enough!!

Comment

I am no expert but I would definetaly put in a small surcharge for "commisions"

Also anything mentioning christmas right now would be a bonus,

And party is another keyword

I personally like shops / stalls that have web adresses, I can go home and have a good nose without having to talk to someone or feel obliged to buying.

As for posting pics, a nice photo on the web can just about justify work. Scanning really does nothing for a nice piece.

I am no expert I must make that clear, but as a customer these are my points of view x x
                        "Buffys Charms" my lil ol' Blog

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

Originally posted by twinkle_77 View Post
                          In that case i have "taken quite a few commissions already"...

Hmm, i really need to start using my scanner to post some piccies-thing is i'm not confident enough!!
                          Your jewellery sells and you're not confident! Whyever not?

Maybe you should post some pics so people on here can comment - I reckon we're all nice, friendly people so maybe we can help to boost your confidence.
                          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

lol thanks Auntynet - i promise, i promise, i will.

Been selling loads more earrings and bracelets this week. To date i have sold 41 pairs of earrings and 7 bracelet/earrings sets. This is about 4 weeks of selling. The buzz you get from making and selling your own jewellery is amazing!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X