current project ~ Bridal Alice~tri band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• current project ~ Bridal Alice~tri band

This is my current project that I am working with, I wanted to solder but scared of melting the silver wire so thought I would just wrap the components in place.

The wrapping on this image is not final, it is just showing the 3 different components I intend to use across the design.

I am not 100% on the seed beads on either side of the pearl.
    Also I am unsure of how I will finish the bands themselves,
    a bead wrap, or wire wrap or untouched?

lots of toying needed!

I would be grateful on any thoughts and input on the piece.

"Buffys Charms" my lil ol' Blog

Buffys Charms Website

that is really lovely!

I think I'm with you on the seed beads to be honest......I think (and i'm not artists here so bear with me, lol) it may be better to have no beads at all - just a piece of silver wire - if you know what I mean!

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Yeah i think a plain bit of silver would be better, in the sense that less is more. The seed beads seem to distract you a little form the simplicity of the wire. I do however love the pearl bead, so maybe do anohter smaller wire design but encorporate the pearl?

Also i like the silver band as it is. Plain silver
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Yup I think you are both right, thank you!

Wish I had posted this up months ago! rather than drive myself mad alone

Thanks for your much appreciated input x x x x

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

Buffy I love where your imagination is going with this one. Make sure you post the finished article. I agree leave out the seed beads and super glue the pearl in the middle of the wire to give the illusion that it is floating there all by it self.
          Di
          Something Shiny Something Sparkly
          Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
          My blog
          Facebook

Comment

Wow, I love that its stuning!
            www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
            www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
            www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
            www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Hiya I aree with Di...glue the pearl in place espec if it's not the only one...lol
              Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Thank you All x x x x

I think I will try the glue in place idea but also I made a spiral effect around the pearl, making it look like a rose bud, with a leaf on either side using the silver wire, it looked very effective but I am not sure if it fits in place. My camera is broken at the minute, need to take it in grrrr

I feel very encouraged by all these positive comments! thank you all so much! I've found the motivation to get on with it again now thanks!

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

Oh that is gorgeous!
                  MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

I love the wire work, it's very artistic.

I think there would be customers who would like it plain, and some who would like pearls added.

If it's too fiddly to glue the Pearl in place, you could add silver tubes either side of the pearl bead.

This would save having to glue it, but would also add strength to the wire keeping the bands apart

Debbie
                    www.beadservice.net
                    On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Thank you Louise x x

And Debbie, that is sound advice thank you will give that a try too.

At the moment I am stuck on this bit lol have spent all week end trying different bits and still waiting for that perfect look Pearls are neccessary on this piece as they are requested by the bride as she has a pearl coloured dress and theme.

If I make up a stock I may well not include the pearls

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

Working...
                      X