X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppliers

Hi everyone

Hope the weekend was good.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where they get their jewellery making supplies from(silver findings,beads,phone charm wires etc).
    My suppliers have found the credit crunch has hit them hard and the prices have considerably increased.
    I'm not sure if you are allowed to post direct links to websites but if anyone has any info for me that can't be displayed here could you PM me please.

Emma-Lou
    My Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

I tend to get most of my sterling findings from ebay sellers in US cos I find their prices work out better. You have to include the customs - or, once they get to know you some of them will mark stuff down for you . . . . . its illegal but it happens!

I get a lot of plated findings from China - initially via ebay (yes I know its frowned upon but it makes sense financially!) and eventually when I've built up a relationship with them I buy direct. I buy large quantities cos we do sell some findings on the stall.

If I want something quick then I use Burhouse cos they're not too far away from me so I can call in and see them. They're not the cheapest supplier but we do buy wholesale quantities so we have built up a good discount with them which balances out when costing up.

Beads I buy from anywhere and everywhere - there are just soooooo many nice beads out there and lets face it - its a bit like black trousers isn't it . . . . . a girl just can't have too many!
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Bead Supplier

We have been told many of our items are very competitively priced and even beat the likes of other many other bead suppliers. We also have quite a range to inspire your designs. Hope this helps
      Lisa
      ------------------------------------------------
      http://www.bedazzlebeads.co.uk
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bedazzle-Beads
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

You can't beat eBay for findings. Never tried the US but there are some brilliant British sellers. I like buying more unusual beads from shops but eBay has saved me loads of money on buying all the basics.
        Last edited by Magenta5; 13-09-2008, 04:34 PM.
        www.jennynevedesigns.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9043479?ref=mf

Comment

Don't forget to try Ebid also. They have a fair few findings on there now too and some are cheaper!
          Rach

Facebook
          Website
          Blog
          Folksy

Comment

I'm going to recommend my own site....findings and beads are all competiviely priced, good quality and hand sorted.

Debbie
            www.beadservice.net
            On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Very nice site and good prices too!! I have added you to my favs!
              Rach

Facebook
              Website
              Blog
              Folksy

Comment

I will visit your site again next time I am stocking up.
                Don't suppose anyone can recommend any craft/bead shops I can visit in person in the northwest? Am thinking Blackpool, Preston kind of area?
                Thanks!
                www.jennynevedesigns.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9043479?ref=mf

Comment

Is there not the beadshed around there somewhere? I think it is just off the M6 somewhere....... the magic power of the internet revealed it is Carlisle, is that too far?
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

I recently brought a load of freshwater pearls from someone on ebay, there were 60 strands of 5mm rice, it cost me about $80 which i think is about £40 it seemed like a good deal, they came from china i did not know it was frounded upon but they are jutt so expensive here in the uk and i kinda need alot of them for my tiaras, do you think i should not have done this??
                    Sarah Phillips
                    Enchanting Tiaras

http://www.enchantingtiaras.co.uk

http://enchantingtiaras.blogspot.com

Comment

Sarah, not eveyone frowns upon the use of the chinese sellers.

And not everyone that uses them will admit to it here on the forum.

I personally don't care who knows were I get my supplies. I have built up some good business relationships with a few chinese sellers and I have been ripped off by others - needless to say, I only ever used them once.

Its entirely up to you where you get your supplies - if you find a bargain then buy it. When all is said and done, we're all trying to make money out of our hobbies and crafting skills so if you can add to your profit, then go for it.
                      Auntynet

Comment

I'm one that will happily admit to using Chinese sellers on ebay for some bits - especially things that you just can't find over here sometimes.

I bought some lovely glass cherry charms from China, I couldn't find any similar in the UK or the US.

The only thing I would be cautious of is buying anything from a Chinese seller I hadn't previously used & trusted is anything where it matters about being 'genuine' i.e. sterling silver, Swarowski crystal etc, as some can be fakes, not all are by any means, but you need to know & trust the seller. Otherwise, within reason (lampwork excepted of course) a 6mm glass bead is a 6mm glass bead wherever it comes from!!!

I like to support UK sellers where possible, but only when they have what I need at a good price.

Claire
                        Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                        Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                        www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

As older members of the forum know, I have a real bug about China - not as a seller, but as a country, it's purely a political thing. I just happen to think the Chinese government is despicable, nothing to do with the beads.

Comment

oh I’m so genuinely sorry I if I have offended any of you this really was not my intention I just read that some frown upon supplies from china and I didn't realise that this was the case and I wondered if I had perhaps made the wrong choice by using them, so again I am sorry if offended anyone and sincerely apologise. I have to admit though they were a very good price; they arrived last week and seem genuine to me although I’m no expert. The seller in question a lady was very nice and spoke very good English she actually called me to check that I had received them ok. I know that there are a few issues with regards to china that I also most certainly do not agree with however in these hard financial times I’m am also the type of person who would spend time looking for a barging where I can

Again didn’t mean to offend anyone…Sorry…
                            Sarah Phillips
                            Enchanting Tiaras

http://www.enchantingtiaras.co.uk

http://enchantingtiaras.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                              As older members of the forum know, . . . . . .
                              Hey Peter - I hope you're not implying I'm old!
                              Auntynet

Comment

Working...
                              X