Is eBid any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is eBid any good?

Hi heard eBid mentioned on here recently I normally use ebay but went and had a look at eBid what I'm curious about is, does anyone buy things on here and is it anygood prices look great but thought I'd get some feedback off others thanks

I too have had a look at Ebid, registered an account but thats about it. I have bought off Ebay and when the goodies arrived they also had a card to say that they sell on Ebid, always meant to give it a go , but its still on my 'to do list'.
    www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
    www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
    www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
    www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Due to all the changes that are taking place on greedbay, lots of sellers are moving to ebid with their shop inventory. I am in the process of closing my greedbay shop and although sales are very slow, I am expecting them to pick up as more and more small sellers leave.

There are bargains to be had but usually at buy it now rather than auction i think.

I am trying a new policy of always checking ebid 1st and trying to buy from there!!
      Rach

Facebook
      Website
      Blog
      Folksy

Comment

I have sold on ebid for a few months now and whilst it doesn't have the mass of visitors ebay does it is becoming the new home of exebayers who are disgruntled with the huge hike in fees and ever changing rules and regs that ebay are imposing on their sellers

If you plan to sell on ebid the biggest piece of advice I can give is to visit the forums,they are very friendly forums ( unlike ebay where you get ripped apart for asking a simple question) ,full of good advice ....such as adding a link to your shop on your forum user CP,letting your old ebay customers know you have moved by friendly emails ( this has to be done carefully to avoid spamming), and also to run some sales by auction on an 11 day listing so it can be picked up by google

I have had loads of sales the past 2 months ,many to exbayers who have moved over to ebid,ebid does have some fantastic bargains for crafters ,particulary card and jewellery makers........plus the fvf is pennies compared to ebay

if you would like to check my feedback to see how sales have improved over the past few weeks please do

it's http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Ohh-Pretty-Beads-N-Bits
        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have an ebid account but not been active on there for a while as my energies have been focussed on my own website. It is a good alternative to ebay , the fees are reasonable too. To make it work you need to get active on the forums and also buy too so you show u r genuine and not a fly by night.been thinking of clearing some stuff on there actually but you know how it is lol
          i suggest anyone gives it a go but bear in mind its more a buy it now place and make sure your postage costs are reasonable - silly postage which you see on Ebay isn't tolerated
          Chris xx
          My Website
          My Blog

Comment

I have also registered but done nothing further as concentrating on my website but having read your positive comments think I will use it to clear old stock. Closed my ebay shop some months ago and after the latest price rise will not be going back. You have given me the courage to try now. Thank you

Comment

I was wondering is Ebid good for selling finished items? I make bags and fabric items or is it better for materials for people to make their own things - just wondering as I was working myself up to opening a shop on Ebay but don't think I will now.
              www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
              www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
              www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
              www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Ebid is free to join as a casual seller , the auctions listing fee is free with a fvf ( final valuation fee) of 3% when your items sell
                As a seller plus you can join for 7 Day £1.99 | 30 Day £6.99 | 90 Day £16.99 | 365 Day £59.99 | Lifetime £49.99 again with free listing fee and free fvf unless you use the gallery which means you a fvf of 2% when your item sells
                As a seller + you can open upto 5 stores for no extra monthly charge

if you compare these prices to ebay fees it can't hurt to run a couple of auctions to test the water
                Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi I am in the process of moving my shop listings to Ebid as I don't have to pay anything until something sells and then it is only 2% instead of greedbay's insertion and 10% final value fee and the shop fees all of which have just risen!!

There are a large number of sellers moving and I think over the next couple of months Ebid will be the place to be, especially for Buy it Nows
                  I will stick to Ebay for auctions and then I can also advertise to customers to check out Ebid!!

Fingers crossed it will start to pay.

Nothing much lost in trying though!!
                  Rach

Facebook
                  Website
                  Blog
                  Folksy

Comment

Well I jumped in and tried to restrain myself and not buy too much first time out and got 325 beads of differing styles for under a tenner which I thought was pretty good. Should keep me busy for abit now I just have to try and be patient and wait for the postwoman and try not to attack her cos she's only 5ft tall bless her and at 6ft tall I'm slightly bigger than that.

Comment

Hi - I opened an Ebid account quite a while ago and thought the £49 upfront and no more fees ever sounded so good I jumped in. So far I have made only 2 sales so for me the fees are a bit high at the moment.

I list the same thing I have on Greedbay and although items have huge viewing figures (according to their system) but just 2 sales compared with the fairly regular sales on Greedbay.

Hopefully more people will transfer across (especially with the changes in fees, layout etc) and more sales will appear but I am spreading myself across Etsy, DaWanda and my own site.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in sales in August and September ?
                      My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                      FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                      I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

Been on there for over a month with exactly the same stuff listed on ebid that I have on ebay. Ebay sales in the month a shade over £700, ebid sales for the same stuff - a big fat zero. Ebay net profit £186, ebid net loss a lot of wasted time. Lots of lookers, no buyers. I did see a comment from someone on this forum that they had had lots of sales on ebid and were very happy with it. I looked at her ebid site and ' lots of sales' translates to a feedback of 84 that has taken nearly four years to generate. That works out at a couple of sales a month of low-value products. Cost the time in spent setting up the site maintaining the listings and the hourly return might get to fifty pence an hour. Anyone serious about making a reasonable success of their online business should, in my opinion, forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltonjohn View Post
                          I did see a comment from someone on this forum that they had had lots of sales on ebid and were very happy with it. I looked at her ebid site and ' lots of sales' translates to a feedback of 84 that has taken nearly four years to generate.
                          To be fair she made that comment 3 and a half years ago and her last feedback was 3 years ago so it could be argued that 84 sales in a year isn't that bad.
                          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi

Well, im in the middle of a dispute with greedbay and think they ve got too big and greedy now!

Went onto Ebid today and they are really easy to se. I ve set up an account and listed my pinted pens this morning. Hopefully they will go on there too.

Its definately worth giving them a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say :-)

Alan

Comment

Alan I would say as long as you don't mind the time wasting and very slow if at all sales then yes go for it!
                              I have removed most of my listings there now and rarely even look in anymore as it was soooo slow! Foe the amount of sales i got it was just not worth it!
                              Greedbay may have it's faults, but it does have the buyers!
                              Rach

Facebook
                              Website
                              Blog
                              Folksy

Comment

Working...
                              X