Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly

Hi everyone
    I am looking for butterflies that I can incorporate into my tiaras. Preferably beaded or covered in diamante or crystals but they have to be clear with no colour. I have done a google.....but its really difficult to find anything that is suitable. I know I can get swarovski crystals shaped beads but I was looking for something that had more of a shape to it.
    Off to google some more now but all help is appreciated.
    Diana
    Something Shiny Something Sparkly
    Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
    My blog
    Facebook

I take it no one else knows where I can get butterflies suitable for tiara making either other than the swarovski crystal ones
    My blog
    Facebook

Comment

The only ones I have seen are the Swarovski ones I'm afraid, sorry I can't help more, Selina

Comment

Hi Diana

I don't know much about tiara making so am not exactly sure what you are looking for. Could you not thread some seed beads onto some wire that you have shaped like a butterfly? Other than that spellboundbead have some butterfly beads but I guess they're not really what you are looking for. I've only come across the swarovski ones otherwise.

Sorry if I've not been much help!

Debbie
        www.aberjewels.co.uk

Comment

I haven't seen any others either. I think making your own may be the way to go. If you search google images for either beaded or bead butterfly you will find quite a few examples that will give you some ideas.

Melanie

Comment

I've seen some wired butterflies covered with net/nylon somewhere on ebay... Have you tried somewhere like 'Accessorize' or 'Claire's Accessories' on the high street? I also got a hair slide from Boots/Superdug with tiny plastic butterflies threaded on with organza ribbon (I was making a hen party veil for my friend!). I also got some metal butterflies that I sewed onto the veil too. There's a lady on here that makes tiny beaded things, sorry sorry I can't think of your name, wonder whether she's made any? Just another thought, have you had a look at 'vintage jewellery' on ebay, I've spent many an hour just looking at the different beads and 'costume/vintage' jewellery on there?
            Last edited by nettie; 30-08-2008, 02:44 PM.
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thank you for all your help ladies.
              I did find some brooches that I could possibly use but I am worried that if make it and put it on my website then I get another request for the same tiara that I cant find the brooches again. So I think I will just use the largest swarovski butterfly crystals I can get.
              It strange to think that someone out there is manufacturing diamante/crystal butterflies but unless you are making it for hairclips or brooches then you cant source them.
              Diana
              My blog
              Facebook

Comment

if you do get asked for another you have to say all your work is unique and "sorry but I can make something with butterflies but not the same as that one" (works every time)

Comment

Working...
                X