Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me find my marbles?

Am I mad or what????

We have a young woman that comes and helps us out on the stall when we're busy. Last week she told me that there was a temporary stall in the local shopping centre selling hand made jewellery so on Friday morning I decided to pop along and to check out the competition. However . . . . . .

on the way there I passed a bridal shop in the shopping centre and - just out of curiosity, you understand! - I went inside to have a look at the jewellery she was selling. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I JUST DID!

Anyway, it was all relatively cheap costume stuff from the warehouses. I know I should have just turned around and gone on my original business but I didn't did I? Oh no - I just had to mention that I make my own jewellery and that my bridal pieces are made with real pears & swarovskis etc etc etc. And lo and behold, the sales assistant wants to see my stuff and can I bring some pieces in to show her? I agreed to go back in later that day with a few pieces. When I did she ooohed and aaahed and was certain the shop owner would be interested, she rang her and we made an appointment for me to go in to see the owner on Tuesday.

Guess how I spent my bank holiday sunday? Yep - surrounded by pearls and sparkly swav's so that I can get some more stuff together to take with me on Tuesday.

I must be mad! Its only recently that I asked for other jewellery makers to help me keep up the stock on the stall and little old me offers to make stuff for someone else to put in their shop!

If anyone out there comes across my marbles please send them onto me as quickly as possible cos I'm really missing them.

Oh - the temporary jewellery stall in the shopping centre wasn't competition after all as their stock was very different to mine.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

nice one! Hope it goes well! let us know what she says.
    www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
    http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Well that necklace that you showed me on Friday was really lovely, and knowing what you can charge for wedding stuff, I say we keep the stall full and you play with pearls and sparkles!
      www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

What were you planning to make with the marbles? Were they plain marbles or those ones with the squiggly bit in the middle? I'm afraid you must be more specific - this place is overrun with stray marbles that used to belong to someone or other......................yes.........it's hard to believe that squiggly marble once had a brain to call home. Bless.

Comment

Peter, I can't be sure what they look like, they disappeared when I wasn't looking but to be honest, I really don't mind if mine aren't returned . . . . . just as long as I get some!
          Auntynet

Comment

Marbles everywhere, surprised we are not all slipping over!! I hope auntynet that your momentary lapse will bring in lots of business and your other new helpers can keep the other stock going. Nice to hear of someone who is doing well at present.
            Cynthia
            http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Peter - could you send some spare marbles my way please - I lost all of mine sometime ago preferably squiggly ones though - I don't 'do' plain

Auntynet - I expect you'll find time somehow to make the extra jewellery - it's great news though that the shop are interested - congratulations
              Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
              Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
              www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

It's where you left them, dear

Well done about the shop though. I always say, the more you do, the more you get done. Yes that's right. I just keep telling myself that.
                Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Did anyone catch the news tonight, just between the bit about the Olympics and the bit about the rain (I think they call that the weather segment, but might as well just tell us where it is not raining so we can all go there - anyway, I digress). The news, they announced that there was going to be an extra 27 minutes in a day, it can be used however you like but is best used for crafting. For the people who don't craft, they have to give thier 27 minutes to people who do, it's only fair.

Gosh, marbles you say? I just saw some rolling away from me......
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

The problem is that huge marble bag in the sky - it must be getting full with all the marbles missing down here. Mine are blue and yellow if anyone comes across them.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                      Did anyone catch the news tonight, just between the bit about the Olympics and the bit about the rain (I think they call that the weather segment, but might as well just tell us where it is not raining so we can all go there - anyway, I digress). The news, they announced that there was going to be an extra 27 minutes in a day, it can be used however you like but is best used for crafting. For the people who don't craft, they have to give thier 27 minutes to people who do, it's only fair.

Gosh, marbles you say? I just saw some rolling away from me......

And I thought I had problems!!!!
                      Auntynet

Comment

Marbles........lost them years ago.....the space for them now is all filled up with grey matter

ps...congratulations on the wee extra earner
                        Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                        Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                        My blog
                        Facebook

Comment

I'm definitely short in the marbles dept myself.
                          Great news about the wedding shop, Carpe diem (seize the day) certainly seems to have worked for you.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post

If anyone out there comes across my marbles please send them onto me as quickly as possible cos I'm really missing them.
                            ...think I might have just passed them rolling about on the M66, I'll nip back and ask em if they just fancied a shortbreak in Rawtenstall, maybe they'll be back soon...

err, Congratulations?!

Shaz x
                            Keepsake Kollections
                            & Rossendale Ramblings!
                            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                              ...think I might have just passed them rolling about on the M66, I'll nip back and ask em if they just fancied a shortbreak in Rawtenstall, maybe they'll be back soon...

err, Congratulations?!

Shaz x
                              They're sly little beggars Shaz, went up there and back today and there was no sign of them! Methinks maybe they could be hiding from me . . . . can't think why! hehehehe.
                              Auntynet

Comment

Working...
                              X