Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to make a floating pearl necklace????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to make a floating pearl necklace????

Hello,

i am trying to make a floating pearl necklace without using crimp beads, does anyone know how to do this please? is it as simple as using glue to make the beads stick??

many thanks

nadia

It is best to use a small bit of glue but also a small knot, which should fit inside the bead, this makes it even more secure. The knot only needs to be on the bottom of each side bead and both sides for the centre ones, hope this makes sense!

Comment

There is a way of doing this using seed beads either side of the main beed. Google illusion necklace to see instructions, its quite straightforward.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

You can use crimp covers.

You crimp above and below the bead that you want to float and then you squish a crimp cover over it and then that looks like a bead.

That's a really bad description and I don't have any photographs left on my PC of ones I've made in the past, but these are what I mean

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-Silver-Plat...QQcmdZViewItem
        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

thanks

thanks to all who replied this now makes sense and i will give it a try :O)

:O)

Comment

hi ..if you look in my album the green necklace has floaters and bead covers. it will give you an idea of how they look, the gold beady looking ones are the covers. Hils, Does that make sense?
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
            X