Ankle bracelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle bracelets

OK, a question for all you ladies - due to the fact that I'm a fella, and as such, am devoid of taste.............my wife says. I've seen ankle bracelets made from nice fine chain, but, would anyone wear an anklet made from 'floating' swarovski bicones - 4/6mm? My darling wife assures me it would be very uncomfortable, and you (obviously) couldn't wear tights with it, but how does the idea score on the taste scale? Is it really naff, or could it be delicately stylish?

I still have hang ups able ankle bracelets. My mum always told me "nice girls don't".....
    I haven't got over it and started to wear them. I have seen a lot of heavily beaded ethnic/ gypsy style ones lately and have been a little tempted.... However, my mum lives just round the corner and I would hate to bump into her!!
    The bicones are quite harsh sometimes and are more likely to get knocked into your ankles. (law suits looming!!)
    You could always try wearing one yourself (in the privacy of your home) and feel the effect for yourself... I promise not to laugh!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign
      I still have hang ups able ankle bracelets. My mum always told me "nice girls don't".....
      Snap! Whenever I see a girl wearing an ankle bracelet I can still hear my mum saying exactly those same words. No idea if anyone still thinks that kind of thing or not but it's always stopped me from wearing them as after all I'm a 'nice girl'
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Right, point taken..............................practicality rules.................thinking about it, I can't say I've ever been out with a girl with an ankle bracelet on - must be a latent fantasy! I'll stick to the earrings & bracelets! Thanks ladies.

Comment

I quite like the idea actually! I think you'd appeal to girls going out and wanting to sparkle at night! It's great when wearing skirts. You could always make a few and see how it goes. They've got loads of anklets in Spain / South of France - I had bought some last year but I only wore them on holiday as I had time to put them on!! LOL
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

oh dear, I'm obviously not a nice girl then as I have worn them in the past when in my twenties and my ankles were a bit thinner. I always really liked them as they made your legs more attractive when wearing flat shoes. But nothing too jingly jangly, subtlety is the key.

I had no idea thats what people thought of them!
            Liz

EA Cards and Crafts
            Huge choice of papercraft, jewellery and wedding products! Full papercrafts catalogue available.
            www.eacardsandcrafts.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Bea - my wife's still rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of me appealing to girls who want to sparkle at night! Now if only I could catch 'em......................

Comment

Originally posted by peterart
                Thanks Bea - my wife's still rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of me appealing to girls who want to sparkle at night! Now if only I could catch 'em......................
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by peterart
                  thinking about it, I can't say I've ever been out with a girl with an ankle bracelet on
                  My x worn 1 once in 6 yrs.. other than that nop...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                  (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign
                    I promise not to laugh!
                    I don't!

I say no, the crystals would be too sharp to be comfortable, then again I might be wrong........................... let us know when to start and how it feels

Comment

You could try round beads, less pointy than bicones.Or if you want to do something in that area why not try something that goes from the ankle to the foot/toes, like Indian ladies wear.

I have to admit I see ankle bracelets as an 80's thing.
                      As for 'nice girls dont' I had one friend who wore one, she liked the boys but not as much as alot of other non ankle bracelet wearing girls I knew.

It also makes me think of a non necessary place to decorate.Are ankles considered saucy.

It reminds me of when Marilyn Monroe said in a film 'I just love finding new places to wear diamonds'.

In general I say, no.There are so many other places to decorate.Stick to the classics.
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I'm going to disagree and say that i have made and sold plenty of swarovski anklets using the biccones this summer. I must be a bad girl as i have one on just now !!!

I think anklets made with wooden beads or are made in a bohemian style worn with a long floaty skirt look fab. My best seller this year was anklets made with indian glass beads and swarovski crystals, they looked boho and people went mad for them.

Have a look in my shop to see what i mean.
                        http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nicolas-Sparkly-Stuff

Comment

Working...
                        X