Hi from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a new member

Just like to introduce myself I started making jewellery 20 years ago when I was still in school but then stopped after 6 years when I started my family, first born has special needs and just found that I didn't have the time anymore. I now have three kids and a very supportive husband who when I told him I wanted to do something crafty again to give me time for myself encouraged me to have a go at jewellery again and helped with the kids to give me some free time, after about a month of making gifts for friends and family he also encouraged me to do this as a business well in this day and age who couldn't do with more money. So now I hold jewellery parties and make bespoke jewellery orders for special occasions I have a small client base and I'm starting to set up my online shop and hopefully that will be a success and will help to continue to bring in money towards the end of the year beginning of next as my fourth baby is due in January. I tend to have a habit of waffling so thanks for reading and sticking with me for so long I look forward to posting in the future.

Hi

hello & .
    My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Hi and welcome. You seem to have a lot on your plate so good to hear that you have such a supportive husband. I make jewellery too which my OH encourages though I dont think I can let him retire any time soon on what I make!
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you have been able to get back into your jewellery and that your husband has been so supportive. Doesn't it make a difference?
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum
          Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi and
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Good luck with your jewellery and wishing you a healthy pregancy.
              The Soap Fairy xx
              www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Thank you for all the welcome messages. I know I'm very lucky to have such a supportive hubbie particularly as my pregnancy hasn't exactly been a walk in the park. I have symphysis pubis dysfunction it started at 10 weeks with this pregnancy and last week my physio sent me home with crutches and a warning that I might be an a wheelchair towards the end of the pregnancy, never mind its worth it in the end.

Comment

Hello Libertina and to the forum. I have four children too, I really feel for you with this pregnancy being hard work, you are right though, when you are holding your beautiful baby in your arms it will all have been worth while.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your jewellery, I love all crafts, and jewellery making is something I've wanted to do for a while but havent had the time for. Hopefully soon I'll have a go.

I'm sure you will get on really well in this forum, we are a friendly and helpful bunch.

Jo x
                  Things to make and do
                  Things to make and do's Facebook page
                  Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Libertina and croeso from Wales!
                    Good luck with all you jewellery-making ventures and especially with your pregnancy. You should get on well with all the other jewellerymaker's here, I'm just a dabbler but keen to learn. Jewellery-making can be so therapeutic and it makes time for you to try and sit and relax without feeling guilty!
                    Best wishes,
                    Tina

Comment

Hi Libertina and good luck with your hewellery

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

aboard!

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X