Hurray! Finished 1st commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray! Finished 1st commission

Yay! Just finished my first official commission as self employed jeweller!

Has anyone got any tips on getting your name around? I'm relying on word of mouth at the mo!
    http://www.sophiemariesmithdesign.co.uk/

Just had a look around your site at your lovely jewellery.

A blog is a good way to get word out. Blogger is a good one to start with. A blog gets picked up by google and you can also link with your website. You can talk about yourself, your jewellery, anything really, but it gives the story behind the craft.

Also link swaps will help with traffic to your site.

HTH.

Amanda
    Amanda
    xx

Comment

Love Your Rings

especially the thumb rings, I think they are your key piece. You could get a signature collection together to sell to local boutiques, approach a few boutiques in good areas, think about your target market who would like to buy your rings? Keep the collection small and impactful, wear your jewellery everywear, carry Business cards on you at all times... great start though I have to say.
      www.MyEhive.com
      Make a living doing what you love.

Comment

Thank you both! It's nice to hear from people in similar situations.

I've been trying to wear my jewellery as much as possible!
        I hate when someone asks what I do and I don't have anything to show them! (except my wedding ring which I always have, for obvious reasons)

Good idea with the boutiques there is somewhere near by that I could try!

xx

Comment

I've had a good look around your site, I really love your work! You make very beautiful and unique jewellery. I wish you every success for the future.
          Jo x
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Originally posted by SophieMarieSmithDesign View Post

Has anyone got any tips on getting your name around? I'm relying on word of mouth at the mo!

great, congratulations.
            recycle

Comment

oh i really love the leaf pendant and the thumb ring!!!!!
              Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Wow, congratulations!!

I've had a look on your site and I agree with everyone else - it looks lovely!! I LOVE the glass heart necklace! I'm going to go broke being on this forum because I'm just going to end up keep buying off people!

Are you doing it full time? I just ask becuase I'm working as well as running my company and I've brought some bits and pieces in to work - it's very nice selling things and getting your name out there whilst being paid by someone else to do it! Requires an understanding boss though!

I see you have an ebay shop - I've just set on up and am really confused! I thought that is I set up a shop I'd have to pay a monthly sum for that (£6) and a % fee when you sell something but I thought the insertion fees were cheaper, is that not correct? I was expecting to be charged 3p for one of my cards and it seems I've been charged 25p! And ebay are being useless at helping me!

Anyway, congrats again - I wish you well!
                Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

Well done you for doing that! Bet it makes you feel over the moon!!!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thank you very much for looking at my work.

I find it hard to know exactly what the ebay fees are too!!
                    I've found that if you are able, use the shop inventory option. This seems to keep the costs down for me as you don't need to relist anything. Although I think it is only available once you have a certain amount of feedback!?
                    I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I have found that the FAQ's in the help section are quite good.

Let me know how you get on!
                    Good luck xx

Originally posted by craftsensations View Post
                    Wow, congratulations!!

I've had a look on your site and I agree with everyone else - it looks lovely!! I LOVE the glass heart necklace! I'm going to go broke being on this forum because I'm just going to end up keep buying off people!

Are you doing it full time? I just ask becuase I'm working as well as running my company and I've brought some bits and pieces in to work - it's very nice selling things and getting your name out there whilst being paid by someone else to do it! Requires an understanding boss though!

I see you have an ebay shop - I've just set on up and am really confused! I thought that is I set up a shop I'd have to pay a monthly sum for that (£6) and a % fee when you sell something but I thought the insertion fees were cheaper, is that not correct? I was expecting to be charged 3p for one of my cards and it seems I've been charged 25p! And ebay are being useless at helping me!

Anyway, congrats again - I wish you well!

Comment

Nice pics!

Hi

Just had a look at your site, your jewellery is lovely! I'm the same as you about getting buyers. Do you take the pics yourself ar does someone do them for you? They are a great quality x

Comment

Hey,

Thank you for looking at my site. I take the photos myself at home. I use a Nikon D40x and a table top studio kit.
                        I'm really glad you think they look good!

x

Comment

Originally posted by SophieMarieSmithDesign View Post

Hi and Congrats on your first commission! Your site is lovely and so is your crafting, I love the leaf necklace it is stunning.

Good luck !

Sally

Comment

Very nice looking site and lovely unique style -
                            hope it goes well for you

Nic x
                            **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                            Different prize every month
                            Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                            PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Working...