No announcement yet.

Opinion on packaging jewellery please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on packaging jewellery please!

I have just taken up jewellery making and I have been comissioned to make a few bracelets and necklaces. I was just wondering on what everyone's opinion is on packaging. I have looked at every website going but I feel overwhelmed by the choices out there! I first thought organza bags as they are very economical to buy and look quite pretty. Then I thought pillow packs (am thinking black ones with a self made label with my logo), and now i'm unsure as to whether I should splash out on the proper boxes and go for a more proffessional look.

What do you prefer? Is it really worth spending the extra money on boxes or are the other options a good deal?

Help please!!! I'm drowning in packaging websites and different ideas and need some tried and tested suggestions! Thanks!

Hi Amy,
    I know the feeling I've been through it all too.
    I've tried the pillow packs, clear tubing, and gift boxes.

I now put tags on all the items and use black jewellery paper envelopes and a stripy paper bags.

Feel free to look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddlej...ry/2670260253/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddlej...n/photostream/

I offer gift wrapping with boxes for £1 now.

I think don't spend too much money on whatever you choose and also choose something that doesn't take long to for you to do.

I was spending too much time, effort and money on packaging, when I should of been concentrating on the jewellery making.

Good Luck
    Sarah x

Muddle Website
    Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks Muddle,

Your jewellery looks well packaged... thanks for sharing the photos. Am thinking of using the black pillow packs which I can customise with a label with my logo on. I think it will work out a lot cheaper than buying little boxes. Any suggestions for cheapest envelopes/ packaging?

Comment

I bought my jewellery envelopes from http://www.bagnboxman.co.uk/catalogu...llery-bags.php

and when I was using pillow packs I bought them from http://www.noblepack.com/Gift-Packag...-SKUPLO1-2.asp, but the minimum order is £50 I think.
        Sarah x

Muddle Website
        Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I bought some plain black pillow boxes on ebay. They were under the wedding favours section. Then I bought some ( cheap) hologram butterfly and flower stickers and put one in the corner on the front and my mailing sticker on the back.
          They are easy to carry round, don't get crushed in my bag and people seem to like them. If it is an expensive item I will put it in a organza bag and then in the box.

Melanie

Comment

bump. just adding this to my threads.
            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

My jewellery business is called Butterfly Beadwear, soI have organza bags with butterflies on, in pinki purple or green. I then put the same colour tissue paper inside. I think it looks lovely, and they don't cost to much either, so there is no extra charge for this. I think your packaging also depends on the type of jewellery you make, most of my jewellery is everyday wear-modern type-so the bags match it well, and compliment the colours I use often. This is just my opinion. hope this helps.
              Tammyxx

www.butterflybeadwear.com

Comment

Lots of good ideas.... and suggestions. I really like the idea of the black enveloes and the pillow packs. Am going to hit ebay now for cheap ones! Thanks everyone for ideas and comments. x

Comment

I am based in France and just about every gifty thing you buy is automatically wrapped for you with a twist of a couple of bits of ribbon and a label with either the maker or generic words. It made me think so even items the charms and findings I sell are wrapped in tissue paper with my logo sticker to make them look nicer - It doesn't cost anything but is nicer to receive. Co-ordinating tissue paper is well worth the investment.
                  My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                  FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                  I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

Packaging

I buy recycled jewellery boxes from Tinybox.co for my website jewellery. In my shop I use a combination of boxes, pillow packs or organza bags. When I give my customers a choice they almost always choose organza bags which is great because it is the cheapest option. I have them in many different colours to match the jewellery and use tissue paper.
                    Chris W.
                    x
                    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Recycled Packaging

I have been making jewellery and selling it forever. For ages I experimented with all different kinds of packaging mostly imported from China (YUK) - usually it was fairly cheap and nasty. Then I discovered some really great recycled and FUNKY packaging plus recycled tissue papers and they are based in the UK i hope i can mention them they are called tinybox they have a website and do these fab tiger print boxes in all sizes. Never looked back - and my customers love it.
                      www.MyEhive.com
                      Make a living doing what you love.

Comment

Hi

Your packing looks great, I'm just making changes to mine at the moment especially with Christmas coming up I thought I'd like to do something a little different.

Where did you get you labels and things printed they are of very good quality and as yet I haven't found anywhere I am very impressed with?

If you do fairs do you still wrap all of your items in the same way and if so do you tell people looking at your stall how your jewellery is wrapped?

I'm new to this and just trying to find my feet so sorry for all the questions!

Originally posted by Muddle Jewellery View Post
                        Hi Amy,
                        I know the feeling I've been through it all too.
                        I've tried the pillow packs, clear tubing, and gift boxes.

I now put tags on all the items and use black jewellery paper envelopes and a stripy paper bags.

Feel free to look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddlej...ry/2670260253/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/muddlej...n/photostream/

I offer gift wrapping with boxes for £1 now.

I think don't spend too much money on whatever you choose and also choose something that doesn't take long to for you to do.

I was spending too much time, effort and money on packaging, when I should of been concentrating on the jewellery making.

Good Luck
                        www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Karen

I print all my own labels, tags and business cards at the moment, I find it more cost effective, plus I keep getting bored with designs and its easy to change them when you print yourself.

I haven't actually done any parties/fairs, since I've changed packaging, but when I do I will wrap the same way, but may not attach the business card to the bag like in the image. I may put the packaging on display to show what it will look like. I still offer boxed gift packaging for £1.

I found this way works best for me because I've changed how I display, by using jewellery counter spinners (will post image when I take one), so this is where the tags come in handy.
                          Sarah x

Muddle Website
                          Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I can't believe you made them yourself, they look proffesionally printed and are really striking with the black and pink.

Mmmmm, maybe I need to get out my creative side and have a go at making my own stuff as I have strict instructions not to spend any more money on my jewellery

Originally posted by Muddle Jewellery View Post
                            Thanks Karen

I print all my own labels, tags and business cards at the moment, I find it more cost effective, plus I keep getting bored with designs and its easy to change them when you print yourself.

I haven't actually done any parties/fairs, since I've changed packaging, but when I do I will wrap the same way, but may not attach the business card to the bag like in the image. I may put the packaging on display to show what it will look like. I still offer boxed gift packaging for £1.

I found this way works best for me because I've changed how I display, by using jewellery counter spinners (will post image when I take one), so this is where the tags come in handy.
                            www.sparklehandmadejewellery.co.uk

Comment

I've actually changed the tags again since that picture (told you I get bored)
                              I chose a more subtle grey, but a bigger, more abstract flower (will post a picture).

Once you get going it is easy to do. Just choose a good printer paper/card, I actually use heavyweight photo paper, because it has a glossy finish and then get designing, I find it quite fun, but then I am a designer before I'm a maker.
                              Sarah x

Muddle Website
                              Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X