Jewellery question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery question!

I've ordered some nice round wooden pendants to make some Wood Tattoos style necklaces (as suggested by Mel a little while back). I was just wondering what styles or designs people on here think would be popular? I'm going to do a few Celtic designs on the larger pendants and some of my textural patterns as well. Anyone else think of any other designs that would work well?

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

what about natural designs....leaves, flowers etc or even zodiac signs?
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

celtic is good, so are chinese letters, star signs, canibis leaf im afraid is the best seller. but in general wood jewellrey is not doing that well this year unless it has bright colours on it, yellow sells about the best. good luck with it, only other advise I can give is to make it very unusual ,wood seems to apeal to the more adventures market

Comment

Could you do some goblin faces in it? Or make it look like mysterious creatures in the woods peering out of trees, branches, etc.?

Hard to describe what I'm thinking, so you might just think I'm a bit loopy
        Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
        http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
        http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

I was going to suggest leaves and other nature type designs. On larger pendants even doing designs like a mix of leaves, vines and insects. Or some larger animals like foxes.

Also maybe some rune designs or even writing peoples names.
          Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Just remembered what we have been asked for a lot this year and that is dog breeds, doggy people will pay a good price if their breed is on something. not me im ashamed of the state of my pooch

(only kidding)

Comment

Well, d'uh, a pink cupcake obviously!

I can't belive you even had to ask.

I expect Mr Pink McPinkerton can help you with which shade of pink to use.
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Ooh yes I like Babushkas suggestion....
                Do some green man pendants!!

How cool would they look?? In fact you could do a whole wiccan/nature theme. They'd probably be popular

Nic x
                **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                Different prize every month
                Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Just an idea, but could you get hold of some unvarnished wooden beads and tattoo them? I think they would look fabulous
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                    Just an idea, but could you get hold of some unvarnished wooden beads and tattoo them? I think they would look fabulous
                    Most wooden beads that I have seen are usually covered in a horrible varnish though, otherwise it's a great idea!

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                      Most wooden beads that I have seen are usually covered in a horrible varnish though, otherwise it's a great idea!

Si.
                      You can get some lovely unvarnished beads out there aunaturalle as they say lol. all depends i suppose what size your needing.

I agree with Handcrafted's ideas, I bet butterflies and dragonflies would do well too.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Carol XXX
                      My Gallery
                      http://www.freewebs.com/carolpassarojewellery/

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post

Si.
                        Try Calico Crafts - they sell unvarnished ones. I have a small heap that I keep meaning to get around to pyro-ing myself...
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                        Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Why not bring out certain areas of the grain of the wood to make them look almost like landscapes? Like the cabochons in the link below?

http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/S...0Cabochons.htm

They're called Scenic Cabochons.
                          www.clarenash.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Clarey11 View Post
                            Why not bring out certain areas of the grain of the wood to make them look almost like landscapes? Like the cabochons in the link below?

http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/S...0Cabochons.htm

They're called Scenic Cabochons.
                            I do like working with and enhancing the grain of wooden items, you can get some really nice effects that way. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Animals are a good seller for me, people collect anything to do with
                              Hegehogs, owls, frogs, rabbits, horses, pigs, cats & dogs.

I shouldnt really be telling you my secrets, but fridge magnets, key rings, badges & earrings all sell well for me. I cater mainly for children all though i sell to adults as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X