beaded hoop earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaded hoop earrings

hi... I was wondering if anyone can help me find a tutorial.. or even tell me how to make beaded hoop earrings? although I make bracelets and such I have only made one pair of earrings... to make a long story possibly longer my next door nieghbour asked if I would make her some small (possibly seed) beaded hoop earrings, in a smokey quartz or mauvey purple colour.. with sterling silver findings, as she has a metal allergy.

so how do I do it?

and what supplies do I need...

any ideas?

thanks
    Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Mel from BeadsbyLili may be able to help. Check out her profile to find the link for her bead video tutorials.

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Palmer Metals have some sterling silver beading hoops and you literally just string them on. Here's an example of one I found on Claire Aristides' site. You can open the hoops in this pic on one side and just slide the beads on.

Hope that helps.
      Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
      http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
      http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

thank you Si I will have a look!

babushka- thank you.. helpful sight..

sorry I'm so very tired as I jsut got back from taking my son swimming and I'm worn out and its taken my 5 times to reply to your help posts.. I need coffee desperately.

cofffeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          thank you Si I will have a look!
          No problem, happy hunting!

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

I have to take DS swimming in half hour, so I feel your pain. And I haven't even done it yet.
            Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
            http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
            http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
              Mel from BeadsbyLili may be able to help. Check out her profile to find the link for her bead video tutorials.

Si.
              Thanks Si

Meridian - I have a hooped earrings vid in my 'to be edited' pile - hopefully it will be up in a day or so and it show how to make your own wire hoops to bead on. I will post an update back on this thread when its done.
              Mel

Comment

beadsbylili- thank you! I look forward to looking at it...

thanks everyone for helping me... ...

Comment

beadsbylili- thank you! I look forward to looking at it...
                  Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRC9PbUg2VM

Fresh off the press (well my laptop!) so I hope you find it useful and maybe you can be first to rate it

Mel

Comment

Another great video Mel, brilliant!
                    Will have a go myself
                    My Website: http://www.endevajewellery.co.uk
                    Twitter: EndevaJewellery

Comment

Hi Meridian, I've been meaning to give this a go for ages and your post finally made me get on with it. The beaded hoop part is made in the same way as you attach beads to a tiara base. It means that you can also hang dangles off the loops in the hoop for more outrageous earrings ! I hope you can see the photo as it's the first I have posted.

Karen
                      website lavidalerie.com - Gorgeous sterling silver charms & findings, Swarovski, Czech glass flower beads, kits, tools & handmade jewellery
                      Attached Files
                      My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                      FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                      I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Endeva View Post
                        Another great video Mel, brilliant!
                        Will have a go myself
                        Thankyou ! Let us know how you get on ..(maybe post a pic?)
                        Mel

Comment

beadsbylili- the tutorial is woderful! thank you for sending me the link. Sorry I didn't get back to you till today... I watched it yesterday then we went for a ride out to Matlock bath, for a ride on the cable cars ( I hate cable cars, my husband and I once got stuck on one when they shut it down for the night on a ski resort in Idaho. we were stuck high above the ground for about 3 or 4 hours it was freezing and going dark. finally got through to 911 on my husbands mobile with a very faint signal once it was full dark, no signal the rest of the time. and the operator asked "are you serious?" when we said we were stuck on a gondela on silver mountain. ... anyway I would rather have been crafting but my husband and son had fun...

I'm going to get some bits ordered to make some earrings..

Comment

Hi Mel

I'm under 25 posting so the image is an attachment to my previous posting - I'll get to 25 one day
                            My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                            FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                            I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

beadsbylili- the tutorial is woderful! thank you for sending me the link. Sorry I didn't get back to you till today...
                              I'm going to get some bits ordered to make some earrings..
                              You're welcome... have fun & post us some pics when you've made some up!
                              Mel

Comment

Working...
                              X