Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turquoise wanted

Hi All
    I've been making some kick wire earrings (which I will post pictures of when I've got enough posts honest, lol)
    & I've been using some lovely green & blue glass skinny elongated oval beads. I'd really like to make some in turquoise (& other semi-precious stones) but can't find a supplier. Has anyone got any suggestions?

I'm also after some bumpy irregular drilled turquoise (think popcorn) ideally in pea sizes & larger for using as focals in byzantine weaves. Anyone know of anywhere I could get them? My perfect colours are the greeny tibetan colours.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Love & Light
    Nic xx
    **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
    Different prize every month
    Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
    PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

I've used www.vicalla.com - they are an american company but have some great stuff including a clearance section where you can pick up some bargains. Postage only cost $6 (about £3) for any amount of beads but a good tip is to keep your order to less than about $35 so you will avoid paying import duties.

I've also used an american ebay seller called tqboy. He has loads of turquoise on at unbelievable prices.

Beware of any chinese sellers on ebay as a lot will sell you howlite which is dyed turquoise colour but they pass it off as genuine turquoise.

As always with ebay sellers - check out their feedback first.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thank you auntynet two top tips!
      They have the nuggets (not quite "popcorny" enough but some nice ones for when I make the large bracelets - will e-mail them re popcorn nuggets)
      still no narrow oval tube beads though
      They're for long wires, with a wrapped top and bottom, so need to be narrow...Thank you for the leads, maybe if I mail them they might have some lurking, lol

Nic xx

Comment

UPDATE

Maybe tqboy doesn't look so good now - just checked his feedback and its not looking good. In my defence it was a while ago when I used him and I didn't have any problems.

Scrap that recommendation!
        Auntynet

Comment

I recently got some lovely turquoise Jasper Melons from www.artbeads.com at $5.99 a strand

One strand made three necklaces, when I mixed them with crystals and pearls.

I put one red and turquoise piece up on my website in my Harmony section...."new this month"
          Carol
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

Auntynet,

I've just checkout out that ebay shop tqboy and can't believe the prices!!!....have you been happy with the gemstones you've bought.

Can't wait to place an order when them.
            Carol
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

Cheked his feedback most people are happy Afew parcels gone missing in the last month but seems to do big buisness.
              Last edited by goldy1; 01-07-2008, 05:48 PM.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by Carol29 View Post
                Auntynet,

I've just checkout out that ebay shop tqboy and can't believe the prices!!!....have you been happy with the gemstones you've bought.

Can't wait to place an order when them.
                I've used that seller several times and never had any trouble. And one thing I like about him/her is that he states when its not real turquoise.

Have to say a bit of bad feedback wouldn't necessarily put me off personally but I'm reluctant to recommend to anyone else.

If you do decide to use them then please don't blame me if it goes wrong.
                Auntynet

Comment

Those prices are so extraordinary that it might be worth risking losing a few quid. I can't imagine how he can sell that cheap, and with no postage costs.
                  http://www.folksy.com/shops/silvermoss

http://silvermoss.blogspot.com/

Comment

Free postage only used to apply to US buyers but now it applies to UK buyers too. Just check though cos some items do have postage charges.

Remember import duties kick in if your order exceeds approximately $36 (about £18) so do keep your order under that (I know how easy it is to get carried away when you spot a bargain).

And as I said previously - check the feedback and if you're not happy then don't use them.

Please let us know how you (or anyone) gets on if you do decide to buy.
                    Auntynet

Comment

Net thanks for the tip - the ebay guys feedback is pretty good considering the turnover he has - you are always going to get the disgruntled ones anyway -pity I am on a self imposed ban on buying until I have reduced my stock down - my workshops more like a bead shop than a workshop
                      Chris xx
                      My Website
                      My Blog

Comment

Thanks so much for the tip-off about import duties. It's very easy to forget things like that, or not know what the rules are and decide against ordering on the basis that'll it go wrong and cost a fortune.
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/silvermoss

http://silvermoss.blogspot.com/

Comment

OMG, OMG, OMG

someone help me!

I can't afford any more beads this month and now I have found tqboy....... there are so many beads I want......

someone stop me!

Can I be banned from ebay for buying too much?
                          www.beadlab.com

Comment

Those melon turquoise beads are the colour I want they just need to be thinner (v.nice necklace BTW)
                            I might give the "boy" a go too but for some of his other beads! lol
                            auntynet you're superb (v handy import duty tip!)

I'm being a good girl and currently making the Byzantine bracelet from the beads I won...Only about another 7 post to go then I can show pictures

Comment

Originally posted by MuranoSilver View Post
                              Those melon turquoise beads are the colour I want they just need to be thinner (v.nice necklace BTW)
                              I might give the "boy" a go too but for some of his other beads! lol
                              auntynet you're superb (v handy import duty tip!)

I'm being a good girl and currently making the Byzantine bracelet from the beads I won...Only about another 7 post to go then I can show pictures

Thank you! And as for the 7 more posts - head onto the introduce yourself thread and say a few hellos, you'll reach your goal in a few minutes.
                              Auntynet

Comment

Working...
                              X