Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man's Diamond ring design/material help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man's Diamond ring design/material help?

Hi I no longer have use for a ladies engagement ring and would like to use the diamond in a mans ring for myself.

I have around £500 to spend plus the original platinum ring it is set on.
    Ideally I'd like 2cm by 2cm square face with diamond set in the middle with a thinng band underneath. Any ideas?
    What options do I have?

Book a cheap holiday to india, take the ring to a shop jeweler and he will make it for a few quid. And you should have change from your £500 plus had a good holiday.
    Example- a malachite and silver neck band which I could not repair for less than £70, was rebuilt in india including new stones for £3.75 and a lovely job was made of it

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
      Book a cheap holiday to india, take the ring to a shop jeweler and he will make it for a few quid. And you should have change from your £500 plus had a good holiday.
      Example- a malachite and silver neck band which I could not repair for less than £70, was rebuilt in india including new stones for £3.75 and a lovely job was made of it
      That's brilliant advice!! Think I might dig out all my old stuff that I don't wear anymore and book a break.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

One of the wifes friends also does this. This year she took along her old scrap gold - odd earrings, a broken ring, a few links off a broken bracelet etc. The jeweller in India weighed it in at 19g. She bought a diamond from him (chose it herself) and drew him a pic of a design idea she had. She went back a week later an paid him £23 for a heavy weight diamond ring for her fella and she had a small gold nugget spare which she gave to the jeweller.

Guess where the wife wants to go on holiday next.

Comment

Hi Python,
          do you want the whole ring made in Platinum?
          Ruth,

Comment

Working...
          X