Memory wire help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory wire help...

I've made a felted ball bracelet using memory wire, but I don't know what to do with the ends of the wire?

Any suggestions/tips?
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

Once you have turned the wire at the end over into a loop (using round nosed pliers) you can then make a little "dangle" to hand on the loop. I usually put a couple of seed beeds or a charm onto a headpin and hang that from the end so the bracelet looks a bit more "finished".
    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Thanks Janet - will have a go later
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

You can also buy memory wire end caps that you just secure in place with a dab of glue.
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I also usually make a little loop and make a pretty charm from the beads I've used in the bracelet. But the end caps are also a very good idea.
          Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
          http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
          http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

The trick is to make the loop coming off the top of the wire rather than turning back into it. Gawd hope that makes sense - wish i could draw a picture lol
            Chris xx
            My Website
            My Blog

Comment

Well I've just done one end - stabbed myself about 5 times, had a fight with my pliers and nearly thrown the bracelet out the window!!

I obviously don't have the right tools for the job so I'll just have to have a look out for those end caps - Thanks auntynet & all for your help. I hate leaving things unfinished, but I think I will go back to my sewing machine now

I will post a pic once it's properly finished
              ___

Comment

Aww what a shame xx It's tought stuff isn't it - I remember the first time I used it I kept flicking beads all over the place very frustrating lol
                Chris xx
                My Website
                My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
                  Well I've just done one end - stabbed myself about 5 times, had a fight with my pliers and nearly thrown the bracelet out the window!!
                  Lol that made me laugh.....I think I have had that same fight myself a few times.....but whats worst is those darn end caps....I always...always...always end up gluing my fingers to the end caps and bracelet
                  Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                  Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                  My blog
                  Facebook

Comment

It does take a bit of practice and brute strength to make a loop at the end. I use round nosed pliers and make a P shape loop. Try and bend the wire in one action, make the loop overlap the wire by about 2mm and when it springs back it will be ok.

Melanie

Comment

does anyone know where I could get sterling silver end caps?

cheers

steph @ glamour and groovy
                      Steph
                      www.glamourandgroovy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all your help with this last week and as promised here is a picture of my finshed bracelet.
                        But don't look to close at the ends - I didn't bend the wire very well!! So I'm hoping the butterfly hides it a bit

___

Comment

ooh - love the felted balls ! And the ends look ok to me too.
                          Mel

Comment

Working...
                          X