Any bead shops in Scotland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bead shops in Scotland?

Hello, I've just started making jewellery and I am finding it very difficult to get supplies other than on-line. Can anyone help with an outlet in Central Scotland( or and Scotland ) that I can see what i'm buying.

thanks

Gilly

Originally posted by gilly
    Hello, I've just started making jewellery and I am finding it very difficult to get supplies other than on-line. Can anyone help with an outlet in Central Scotland( or and Scotland ) that I can see what i'm buying.

thanks

Gilly
    Gilly, I still buy on line. I have a few suppliers that I use and trust, and I know that there beads are top quality. I also make my own beads......is there anything in particular you were looking for?

There is a wee shop in Haddington called The Bead Shop and it sells some really nice beads but imho, it is a bit pricey and Haddington is a nightmare for parking. There is another shop in Edinburgh that I use from time to time called Helios Fountain but again parking is pricey and the staff are not too friendly.

I personally would suggest that you find a few suppliers that are comfortable with on-line, I am sure most of them will offer a return policy if you are not happy with the goods.

Email me at [email protected] if you want any more information for directions or anything.

Cheers
    www.trinity-jewellery.co.uk

Trinity Jewellery
    Designs That Stand Out

Comment

thanks for the help. I have 1 shop I go to in Linlithgow but I would have liked a bigger choice. ebay has been great so far but I'm having trouble finding antique looking crosses.

I had a look at your website and your stuff is FANTASTIC

thanks for your help

Gilly

Comment

I live just outside glasgow and dont have much of a choice but i buy everything online especially on Ebay. As long as you buy from a good seller on ebay, you should be fine.
        http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nicolas-Sparkly-Stuff

Comment

hi i found this one on uk beaders

www.beadshophaddington.co.uk

4 Church Street
          Haddington
          East Lothian, EH41 3EX

Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm.

and the uk beaders site is

http://www.uk-beaders.co.uk/

it's really good, there's a map on there that gives you the location of all know uk bead shops as well as a list of websites
          www.craftedgems.co.uk

http://www.beadartists.org/Gal1300_C..._s_Gallery.asp

Comment

Hi Gilly,

I'm having the same problem as yourself and still buy the majority of my supplies online. Good luck with finding them.
            Stunning Handcrafted Jewellery
            www.lizdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I just started making my own jewellary, and I also can't really find any bead shops in Scotland. I got told today that there is a craft shop in Linlithgow which sells quite a big selection of beads, I have been to the shop before for scrapbooking supplies, and it is a nice shop. The guy who owns it really knows what he is talking about and is really nice. If its the pliers you are looking for, Maplins electrial stores are good. There is also a new shop in Edinburgh which sells a small selection of beads and wires etc, for quite good prices.

Comment

Bead Crazy

There's an excellent bead shop in Perth called Bead Crazy. The lady who owns it is extremely helpful and has a really good selection.

Comment

Originally posted by magenta View Post
                  There's an excellent bead shop in Perth called Bead Crazy. The lady who owns it is extremely helpful and has a really good selection.
                  cool. welcome btw
                  sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                  (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hiya

What size antique crosses, like charms or bigger pendants?
                    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Bead Shop Haddington

The Bead Shop in Haddington moved to new premises in Feb this year and is now 4 times the size at least and has a classroom too which is sometimes available for drop in beading sessions if you can't wait to get home. New address 29 Court Street opposite the Post Office and yet parking can be interesting but head for Tesco's and that helps a lot.

I use it for all my 'in person' shops, have visited Perth shop and it's tiny in comparison. Haven't visited Linlithgow's shop so can't comment but I have heard customers in Haddington saying they have made the journey from Linlithgow coz the selection is so much better.

As for price well it's hard to beat bulk buying on the internet I suppose but the shop is always busy and the staff are great - really friendly and helpful. Stock changes regularly too and new beads everytime I visit - it's very difficult to leave I can tell you.

Comment

Haddington Bead Shop

I'm a regular visitor to the Bead Shop in Haddington and I couldn't agree more - their selection is phenomenal and I love the way there are always new treats in store. It's open wallet surgery every time I go in there! Having said that, I think the prices are very reasonable. I've been to the wee shop in Perth too - it's got a nice selection but not a patch on Haddington. As for parking, it's all free for 90 minutes and I've hardly ever seen a traffic warden about!

Comment

Hello,

thanks for all your replies. I haven't made much recently due to school holidays but i've just got into it again.

I was looking for charm size crosses but I've given up on them now and movd on.

Just to let you all know, there is a shop in stirling called flawless designs who sell beads but when I asked for swarovski crystals their reply was that no-one would pay for them and that most people wanted cheap beads. well I know i've not been at this for long but I still like to make nice pieces, so it's handy if you're in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip.

PS i went to Haddington and thought the shop was great but it's a couple of hours trip so I cant got that often.

speak to you soon

gilly

Comment

Hi There,

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I saw this and just wanted to add that there is a new bead shop opened recently in Dundee (just behind the Welgate Centre). Haven't been in myself, but my Mother in law says it's really nice, friendly staff, and they will order things in for you.

HTH

Carol
                              Sparklez.co.uk
                              Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X