Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery Display Cabinets

Hi,

I am going to be displaying my jewellery in a hairdressers and was thinking i would like to show it off in one of those acrylic/perspex display cabinets with a lock that can be put on a counter.

I have been having a look for a cheap one as dont want to spend too much but dont seem to be able to find one which wont break the bank.

Does anyone know where I can get one on a budget or is that just wishful thinking??

Thanks Donna x
    www.kistjewellery.com

Its almost impossible to get brand new ones cheap - the small ones (about 12" cube) start at around £30.

My advise is to try ebay for second hand ones. My missus is a demon on ebay auctions and she has managed to pick display cabinets up for as little as 99p each.

Yes thats right - she once got two solid mahogany cabinets and one solid birch cabinet from the same seller for a grand total of £23! 99p each for the mahogany ones and £21 for the birch one cos someone else was interested. Though to be fair the auctions ended at 2.00 am on a fri night/sat morn (pretty stupid if you ask me). She then made me go and collect them and boy was the seller annoyed.

She also bought one of those 6 foot tall square glass ones for only £30. Another tip is to go to your local supermarket a few days after bonfire night and make them an offer for the cabinets that they use for their firework display. She got 3 from morrisons last year for £10 each. Although that idea isn't much good to you in June.
    Last edited by urbtaf; 19-06-2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

A florist once suggested to me to try Ikea for a display cabinet....but I still havent got round to checking it out.
      Something Shiny Something Sparkly
      Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
      My blog
      Facebook

Comment

Just checked Ikea and found this - which I think is a pretty good bargain!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10011055
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I am buying one for them for the shop I had jewellery in one for a hairdressers that used to hold my jewellery and the bits looked lovely displayed in it
          Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Checked it with my darling OH today and we're off to Ikea tomorrow to get one for the stall.

Haven't a clue where its going to go but they're such a bargain!

Another bonus is that I love Ikea but hubby hates it and never takes me so I'll just sit him in the cafe whilst I walk round spending lots of pennies that I really shouldn't.
            Auntynet

Comment

thanks

Thanks for all the replies.

They are the sort of prices i want to be paying. I'm amazed by the ebay thing 99p!!! If only!

I had thought about Ikea and that one is a bargain but me thinks it may be too big as the shop is not huge. I think may have to go to ikea to have a little nosey anyhow cos they may have something smaller maybe, plus its an excuse to look at other stuff too!
              www.kistjewellery.com

Comment

Ikea do some resonably priced slim wall cabinets,
                the only issue is they're not lockable
                Hopefully all your hard work will be in a staffed section....

Nic x
                **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                Different prize every month
                Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Hope you find something hun, I'm heading to Ikea on Friday for one fingers crossed they have it in stock!!!!
                  Ger xx

My Blog

www.cullen-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Found this on ebay

This cabinet is located in Walsall - which I know is in the midlands and you're in Birmingham but dont know how far away it is from you or if it is suitable for your needs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/shop-display-c...d=p3286.c0.m14
                    Auntynet

Comment

Thanks auntynet for looking up that one but I think I just want a small one that can be put on the front counter as the hairdressers dont have much room in their shop. I have seen some acrylic ones but they are £50+ and i just wanted to see if i could get some a bit cheaper than that.

Thanks again
                      www.kistjewellery.com

Comment

I love the ikea cabinet
                        http://www.LunarraStar.com & http://Lunarrastar.etsy.com
                        http://www.DarkEleganceDesigns.com & http://DarkEleganceDesigns.etsy.com

Comment

I think this jewelery thread, How ever the furniture in that site are very nice

Comment

Originally posted by hannahross View Post
                            I think this jewelery thread, How ever the furniture in that site are very nice
                            That would be because it's to display jewelry.... Oh why am I bothering??????

MODS a quote from thier site.
                            "Jewellers Point has been supplying items to retailers around the country.Jewellers Point is a member of the IJA, (Indian Jewellery Association)"
                            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                              That would be because it's to display jewelry.... Oh why am I bothering??????

MODS a quote from thier site.
                              "Jewellers Point has been supplying items to retailers around the country.Jewellers Point is a member of the IJA, (Indian Jewellery Association)"
                              then all are discussing all the things except jewallery

Comment

Working...
                              X